UConn v. North Carolina State Wolf Pack (Thursday 8/31/23 @ 7:30p on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. North Carolina State Wolf Pack (Thursday 8/31/23 @ 7:30p on CBSSN)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
30 minutes out? No. 15 even.
Yeah, we are not in our seats until kickoff.
I'm wondering is if you're like 10 minutes into the first quarter of the yellow shirts riding around telling people to shut down there tailgates?

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
After a few years of being truly dreadful, they stopped sending around the guys in golf carts telling people to stop tailgating. Wonder if they'll be back

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I'm wondering is if you're like 10 minutes into the first quarter of the yellow shirts riding around telling people to shut down there tailgates?
Personally, my wife and I are always in our seats at least 30 minutes before kick-off. We enjoy the pre-game activities in-stadium, especially the UConn marching band which is phenomenal. Always plays great music. Plus, I need to get our last minute beverage needs taken care of before kick off.

CL82

Reaction Score
Personally, my wife and I are always in our seats at least 30 minutes before kick-off. We enjoy the pre-game activities in-stadium, especially the UConn marching band which is phenomenal. Always plays great music. Plus, I need to get our last minute beverage needs taken care of before kick off.
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Reaction Score
Is it enforced?
No. And, frankly, if they tried to enforce it the Athletic Department would have to hire more people to man the phones. If you want to police the lots after kick off, go for it. If the school wants more people in their seats by kick-off, pay more people to man the security lines at the entrance so it doesn't take 15 minutes.

I will never cease to be amazed by people who don't pay for tickets to support the program thinking it's appropriate to tell people who do how they should behave while utilizing their tickets to better support the program. I would never dream of telling a UConn hockey patron how they should behave. But hey, that's just me.

CL82

Reaction Score
No. And, frankly, if they tried to enforce it the Athletic Department would have to hire more people to man the phones. If you want to police the lots after kick off, go for it. If the school wants more people in their seats by kick-off, pay more people to man the security lines at the entrance so it doesn't take 15 minutes.

I will never cease to be amazed by people who don't pay for tickets to support the program thinking it's appropriate to tell people who do how they should behave while utilizing their tickets to better support the program. I would never dream of telling a UConn hockey patron how they should behave. But hey, that's just me.
Lol, whoa, I don't think that was aimed at me, but easy there Hoss!

I was surprised by that language. My thought process is, if you don't intend to enforce it, don't put it in the rules. I'm not a huge fan of having rules that you fully intend to ignore.

That said if I were to put the most logical spin on it, I suspect that the school wants the flexibility to turn expel people who are merely in the lots for the party and are not "ticket holders" should they become a nuisance. That rule would give them a basis to do so.

Reaction Score

I hope Mora is ready for NC State QB Armstrong's run game. It sounds like he has some speed.... keep hearing from analyst next level / NFL prep season.

A name that scares me is 6ft 5 WR transfer from Rice Rosner.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol, whoa, I don't think that was aimed at me, but easy there Hoss!

I was surprised by that language. My thought process is, if you don't intend to enforce it, don't put it in the rules. I'm not a huge fan of having rules that you fully intend to ignore.

That said if I were to put the most logical spin on it, I suspect that the school wants the flexibility to turn expel people who are merely in the lots for the party and are not "ticket holders" should they become a nuisance. That rule would give them a basis to do so.
Not aimed at you at all. But I've been amazed for 20 years that non-customers think it's their right to tell customers how early they have to be in their seats. And, as I said, if it's important to the school to get folks in early, don't make them wait so long in line to get in.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom