UConn v Netherlands (Italy game #1)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Good-bad-ugly-clint.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Offense and cohesion will come. Clearly, we will be pressing like banshee's with little fear of fouling with our depth. :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Texas didn't fare as well against their foreign opponent today:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was only able to catch some of it via the video stream. Of course some lapses on defense, and disjointed offense, but over all, a TON to be happy about. I don't know the MPG numbers, but I bet everyone got a decent amount of time. So excited for this team this season!!

One thing to keep in mind - this was the very first game. Even when they get back to Storrs and play the exhibition games, I would expect lots of minutes for everyone. Which will make things look less smooth - a necessity given the sheer number of players on the team. However, in big games, and as the season plays out, I'd expect the bench to shorten, and a core group will probably see a majority of their PT at the end of games...

Reaction Score
why did Bent start?

I suppose Geno wanted to see what she could do in a starting role.

Why did Lexi not get in? Dog house? or not feeling well?

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Collier had a double-double and led the team in points (16), rebounds (11 - 7 were offensive), assists (4 - tied with KLS), and FT % (100% @ 4/4).

Walker 27 minutes.

Whose Walker? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So Lou was 3-12. How soon before someone raises the question about whether she's changed her form in her jump shot since high school?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How about Stevens 2-3 from beyond the arc?!! A 6'6" player who can hit from deep? Unguardable obviously. It wasn't just Lou with the "poor" shooting - Danger was 1-6. I'm still hopeful she can improve that %, but it seems to be a habit that is forming for her (poor shooting). So glad to see Walker and Coombs with a lot of minutes (as well as Newbie Stevens). Would love to see more time for Batouly... Great first game and hopefully they are having lots of FUN!!

Reaction Score
Man that was a really nice find. Thanks to Luca for posting the game. I hope he attends and posts the rest of the series.
Not knocking our returning superstars/all americans etc.With that said - Yes. Azura looks very good. So did Batouly. Out of the freshman Andi Hunter looked very comfortable on the floor.

I can't wait to see the finished product in the fall. If the ladies surprised and surpassed expectations last year - this year is going to be repeat. Geno and CD have a lot of weapons to deploy against the rest of the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom