UConn v. Michigan State @ Fluor Field in Greenville S.C. (Fri. 3/15 @ 5p, Sat. 3/16 Dbl Header @ 1p & 5p and Sun. 3/17 @ 11a) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Michigan State @ Fluor Field in Greenville S.C. (Fri. 3/15 @ 5p, Sat. 3/16 Dbl Header @ 1p & 5p and Sun. 3/17 @ 11a)

Reaction Score
So far, This team looks like it has the pieces to be special
Gotta hope the injury jinx stays away
Bring on the locals and the AAC
This is a great weekend for UConn Baseball
Speaking of injuries....
Andy Hague is hoping to be back with the team following the Houston series. He was hampered by a hamstring injury early on. While working his way back from that he took a pitch off the knee during live ABs with the non-travel guys. Which kept him from traveling with the team this trip. He messaged me during today's game about getting some work in at our training facility. He needed someone to hit with, so he asked if my son (a frosh at Amity HS) and I would be there. Fortunately for him (and us) I spend more time there then home and the MSU game just ended. LOL!!! It was awesome for me to just flip balls and feed the machine while the two of them worked!!! Andy's a great kid and really helped my son understand a lot of the things I've been telling him about hitting for years. He just needed to hear it from someone who's been in his shoes (much more recently). It was a pretty proud dad moment to see the two of them go swing for swing off the machine set at 80+. The whole time they're competing, Andy is cheering him on. Awesome moment for me and my son. Andy is a kid I hope my son emulates as he grows up. He's a tireless worker, who just wants to help his team win any way he can. I love that he's a Husky!!!

Reaction Score
Thank you Kris1. I was wondering where Andy was. He sounds like a great young man and teammate.

I love hearing Coach Penders talk about the teams’s desire to lift today after a 4 game series. This team is needed after the disappointments in MBB, FB and Men’s Hockey. Looking forward to seeing them play in Hartford and Storrs.

Reaction Score

This time the interview is well into right field. Love listening to these interviews, no matter the sound quality (well, I do prefer to be able to hear them, that's for sure). Lot's good info and stuff in them, which is important since Chris Jones interviews and game broadcasts are a primary source of information on the team. Kudos to Chris Jones and Coach Penders for carrying on with them, despite the various distractions that crop up.

Reaction Score
It was awesome for me to just flip balls and feed the machine while the two of them worked!!!
I really miss those days - enjoy them to the fullest.

Andy's a great kid and really helped my son understand a lot of the things I've been telling him about hitting for years. He just needed to hear it from someone who's been in his shoes (much more recently).

You’d be surprised how open their ears are (on a variety of topics/life situations) when the voice isn’t yours. It’s a blessing to find “that person”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom