UConn v Houston kickoff? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v Houston kickoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Seems like a lot of our late afternoon games have had 4:00pm kick offs. Many here are mentioning 3:30. Any reason for that? And any possibility of a 4:00pm start? I teach at CCC until 4:00.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Seems like a lot of our late afternoon games have had 4:00pm kick offs. Many here are mentioning 3:30. Any reason for that? And any possibility of a 4:00pm start? I teach at CCC until 4:00.
The 4pm/430pm start times were dictated by CBSSN. We're not going to be on CBSSN so probably only 330 or 7.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UConn Country in a nutshell.

Maybe if both events were on the campus the students could just walk to the next stadium over... :)

Reaction Score
I believe its either an ESPN Network game at 3:30pm or CBS Sports Network game at 7pm (CBSN has the night spot open).

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Looks like class gettin' out early...
Cue the Van Halen music..
Class DISMISSED!!!

Reaction Score
Maybe if both events were on the campus the students could just walk to the next stadium over... :)
Unfortunately, new Messrs Gample and Rentschler facilities aren't beaming down to Storrs. On the other hand, a quick few mile walk or hopping a CTfastrak bus may not be such a cross to bear. Planned ahead, students, alumni, and other fans alike could make it quite a B1G day.

Reaction Score
Yea, even during good years when there's been a home game during Thanksgiving break it hasn't been that well attended by students. But I believe most of those years the game was the Saturday after Thanksgiving so everyone was home. This is the Saturday before so students certainly have the option of staying on campus until after the game.
Overall I would guess if the weather is really nice we get 35,000+ plus. Cold but dry 30,000+. Rain, all bets are off. Playing for a bowl game and against potentially an undefeated top 15 team will help, but still not sure its enough for the more casual fans to feel like they have to be there.
35000? You are crazy optimistic. Or just crazy. We won't get 35000 if they announced Hathaway and Pasqualoni will be stomped by both teams going into and out of the locker rooms then fed to a pack of rabid huskies. This was yet more evidence of inept scheduling, for the 2nd time in a month no less, by our athletic department. And no need for busses. Maybe a couple of Yugos to thame the 6 people who will attend both games. If it's 3:30 kick you'll only need 1 Yugo.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I love your passion, Drew, but Rentschler is only 13 years old and is viable as a multi-function venue, in addition to being built specifically for UConn football. So as long as it remains viable, there will not be an on-campus football stadium.

More importantly, as long as there are citizens taking up full time residency in Mansfield, there will never be an on-campus football stadium.

Reaction Score
35000? You are crazy optimistic. Or just crazy. We won't get 35000 if they announced Hathaway and Pasqualoni will be stomped by both teams going into and out of the locker rooms then fed to a pack of rabid huskies. This was yet more evidence of inept scheduling, for the 2nd time in a month no less, by our athletic department. And no need for busses. Maybe a couple of Yugos to thame the 6 people who will attend both games. If it's 3:30 kick you'll only need 1 Yugo.

Maybe it is optimistic, I don't know, I just threw a number out. USF did 30,000+, I would think an undefeated Houston, with a bowl game on the line, in the last home game of the year, would do significantly better if the weather is good. Maybe not.

Regardless, your post had little to do with that anyway, and was just about you pushing your agenda of making up reasons to kill Warde.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Maybe it is optimistic, I don't know, I just threw a number out. USF did 30,000+, I would think an undefeated Houston, with a bowl game on the line, in the last home game of the year, would do significantly better if the weather is good. Maybe not.

Regardless, your post had little to do with that anyway, and was just about you pushing your agenda of making up reasons to kill Warde.

Not overly optimistic at all. I think 35K is in the ballpark of what I would expect the crowd to be for the biggest game in 5 years - especially after the last 2 of God awful football. If we can get closer to 40K, then kudos to UConnNation. We had 35K for BYU last year and 33K for Navy this year. Somewhere in that range is my floor expectation, given how few season tickets were sold this past offseason.

Your prediction just happened to inspire our resident irrational Warde hater to continue his irrational assault.

Reaction Score
Being over the 32K rage is one heck of a walk up crowd. I just don't see that in November. Weather is too iffy.

Reaction Score
So you think it's a good idea to schedule a home basketball and football game on the same day? With the prospect that there will be an hour between the end of one and the start of the other. And best case it takes 40 minutes to get from Gampel to the Rent? You probably my also think scheduling first night and the hockey home opener was good too.

Reaction Score
This isn't about "hating Warde" it is about basic competence and not scheduling against yourself is pretty fundamental. Yet UConn seems to be the only major program unable to avoid it. Since Warde has been AD we have done it time and time again usually giving in to lesser programs.

Reaction Score
This isn't about "hating Warde" it is about basic competence and not scheduling against yourself is pretty fundamental. Yet UConn seems to be the only major program unable to avoid it. Since Warde has been AD we have done it time and time again usually giving in to lesser programs.

I would never consider driving from Fairfield to Hartford to see us play Furman. Since I'm coming up anyway, I think I will.

Now explain why Warde's an ass for doing something that some fans like a opposed to what you like.

Reaction Score
Looks like it'll be a tight window to hit both hoops and football. But Uconn should have Furman put away easily enough where I can get to football by kickoff. Looking forward to it!!!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Crap- gonna have to kick the students out early and haul from Capitol. I assume that 3:30 means kick off at 3:30 sharp?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Promo codes for $15 tickets: 'FRONTIER' and 'THANKS'

Reaction Score
Maybe the students at the Furman game will think they are at a football game and leave at half time and head to the Rent. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom