UConn v. Houston — Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Houston — Game Thread

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
2B4E3D6D-65A8-4376-8E8F-BDD7FA93F098.jpeg

Reaction Score
Nice effort. Great defense. Nobody hurt. My only concern is what's going on with MW?
The expectations put on her are enormous, and I'm guessing the coaching staff puts the most pressure on her to be great because she is the #1 recruit in the country after all. Remember what Stewie looked like about this time 5 years ago?

Reaction Score
Nice effort. Great defense. Nobody hurt. My only concern is what's going on with MW?
Megan just had bad luck today. I still think she is good in defense.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The expectations put on her are enormous, and I'm guessing the coaching staff puts the most pressure on her to be great because she is the #1 recruit in the country after all. Remember what Stewie looked like about this time 5 years ago?

Stewart was starting and, for the most part, really good. She had that one bad 7-game stretch. Walker's had a couple of good games and a couple good quarters.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the comments on the pregame show was that Geno has been disappointed with MW's effort in practice. More than anything else, that concerns me.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Same with Lou when she was a Freshman, sometimes she looked like a deer in the headlights out there.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I also don't think there's much pressure on Walker. At most other schools she would be the savior and most talked about player. UConn has a great top-6 and Walker can play in near anonymity behind them as they dominate.

Reaction Score
I also don't think there's much pressure on Walker. At most other schools she would be the savior and most talked about player. UConn has a great top-6 and Walker can play in near anonymity behind them as they dominate.
You really don't think there's any pressure on a #1 recruit coming into the #1 program to live up to her #1 ranking?

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations UConn Huskies!! I am so glad to see Batouly get on the scoreboard, and Lexi added 5 points. Kyla has always impressed me. Kyla is a hard worker.

Reaction Score
Congratulations UConn Huskies!! I am so glad to see Batouly get on the scoreboard, and Lexi added 5 points. Kyla has always impressed me. Kyla is a hard worker.
Once The Gabulous One graduates, I'm gonna have to find a new favorite player, and Kyla just might be it!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You really don't think there's any pressure on a #1 recruit coming into the #1 program to live up to her #1 ranking?

At UConn, where high-rated prospects and great talents are the norm? Maybe she's putting pressure on herself, but I'd say she'd have 10x's more pressure had she gone to a school like Virginia. If she's playing like this as a junior the outside pressure will be higher. I think most freshmen get the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
Geno: I thought Kyla had a great day. The kid gives you a great effort every time she goes out there and she's someone that I enjoy watching play because she plays with the kind of passion that you want kids to play with. And the 4-5 minutes that Lexi got, I thought she was pretty good.

Reaction Score
Wish they would let the post-game run a little bit more like they used to in the beginning days of SNY coverage.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno: I thought Kyla had a great day. The kid gives you a great effort every time she goes out there and she's someone that I enjoy watching play because she plays with the kind of passion that you want kids to play with. And the 4-5 minutes that Lexi got, I thought she was pretty good.

And I think this was Kyla's best defensive effort, got into the body and held her ground without jumping off balance.

She really anticipated well and her foot speed seems to be getting a lot better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom