UConn v. Fresno State Game Notes: | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Fresno State Game Notes:

Reaction Score
Just wanted to remind all our beloved Casual Fans, the Fresno game is at 11am Pacific time, which is 2pm EST.

Reaction Score
So how many passing yards do we think UConn will give up to Fresno? Seems like it could easily be in the range of 500. Doubt if Fresno will run a whole lot, at least in the first half. Your thoughts?

Reaction Score
So how many passing yards do we think UConn will give up to Fresno? Seems like it could easily be in the range of 500. Doubt if Fresno will run a whole lot, at least in the first half. Your thoughts?

Ronnie Rivers is really good at RB, I would be surprised if they don't try to get him going early before opening up the passing game.

Reaction Score
I looked at some Fresno State stats from last year.

They were 5th in the country in pass yards per game at 356.3 yds. When they won the game, they passed for an average of 310 yards. When they lost the game, they passed for an average of 375 yards. Their total offense ranked 17th at 479.3 yards per game.

Fresno State was ranked 45th on 3rd down conversions and 39th on 4th down conversions.

Where there is some offensive weakness:

Ranked 124th in sacks allowed per game at 4.

Ranked 111th in tackles for loss per game at 7.5.

Ranked 106th in rushing offense at 123 yards per game and 3.4 yards per carry.

On defense, here are some stats:

Ranked 85th in total defense at 430 yards per game.

Ranked 106th in rushing defense at 212 yards per game, 5.22 yards per carry.

Ranked 46th in passing defense at 218 yards per game.

Ranked 118th in 3rd down conversion defense.

Ranked 67th in 4th down conversion offense.

Ranked 3rd in sacks and ranked 17th in tackles for loss. (Seems odd to me. The defense looks weak against the run, but had sacks and tackles for loss.)

Reaction Score
Ronnie Rivers is really good at RB, I would be surprised if they don't try to get him going early before opening up the passing game.
Great runners are gonna get their yards. But the UConn run D looks stout at this point. The gamechanger could be UConn's pass defense. Fresno's protection looks very good and with time to throw an inexperienced secondary can be easily exposed.

Reaction Score
When i think of Fresno State i immediately think of the Big West Football conference and The California Raisin Bowl against the MAC. Anyone else?

Reaction Score
That heat is going to be killer tomorrow hopefully the heat and time change won’t mess with the team that much. Fingers crossed that players like dj morgan Robert burns Steven Krajewski keelan Marion and Myles bell won’t be affected too much and can mentally be there for the other guys with them all having exp in nasty heat. Dj is from Cali Krajewski and Marion from south ga which is brutal in august then bell and burns from Florida are just a few guys that come from brutal climates in august. They need to be there for the guys that the heat may crack as in mentally support them and get them through that adversity. I believe game time kickoff is like 97 so the field temp will be well over 110

Reaction Score
Great runners are gonna get their yards. But the UConn run D looks stout at this point. The gamechanger could be UConn's pass defense. Fresno's protection looks very good and with time to throw an inexperienced secondary can be easily exposed.
Our secondary must make plays, as in tackle... WRAP UP...we should be physically ready to do that now. We better be...or it's gonna be a long long day

Reaction Score
That heat is going to be killer tomorrow hopefully the heat and time change won’t mess with the team that much. Fingers crossed that players like dj morgan Robert burns Steven Krajewski keelan Marion and Myles bell won’t be affected too much and can mentally be there for the other guys with them all having exp in nasty heat. Dj is from Cali Krajewski and Marion from south ga which is brutal in august then bell and burns from Florida are just a few guys that come from brutal climates in august. They need to be there for the guys that the heat may crack as in mentally support them and get them through that adversity. I believe game time kickoff is like 97 so the field temp will be well over 110
It'd be nice to bring this CT morning breeze to the guys in a nice big package of air... humidity has finally broken it seems...here anyways

Reaction Score
When i think of Fresno State i immediately think of the Big West Football conference and The California Raisin Bowl against the MAC. Anyone else?

Forget the “Big West” - it was the bowl games between the PCAA and the MAC, and Toledo’s run of multiple undefeated years back in the late 60s or early 70s.

Reaction Score
Pat Hill, their coach awhile back.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Our secondary must make plays, as in tackle... WRAP UP...we should be physically ready to do that now. We better be...or it's gonna be a long long day
I’m also focused on whether we can create pressure. If their QB has unlimited time, the secondary can’t be expected to make all the stops on their own.

Reaction Score
Forget the “Big West” - it was the bowl games between the PCAA and the MAC, and Toledo’s run of multiple undefeated years back in the late 60s or early 70s.
PCAA must have been before my time.

Reaction Score
Weather: 89 at kickoff, smoke, 100 at 2pm local time. I thought they had a state of the art cooling system for the field turf.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcs1228

Top Bottom