UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
So if the Big Guy upstairs doesn’t hate me, He’ll grant a UConn victory tomorrow. The team is “on deck” right after BC in this week’s ESPN bottom ten. Would be a glorious weekend if UConn wins convincingly while FSU destroys BC on national TV. Ive not rooted for an ACC team in ages, this weekend though I’m a cough, cough ’noles fan.

Reaction Score
We once watched one of Diaco's teams in the spring game start with the ball 3rd and goal, something like a dozen times, and failed to score once on the ground.

I am reminded of the old adage of New England football: "First establish the run." We have heard that enough.

I do not care how windy it is, the first series in which the run gets stopped, I hope they establish the pass on the next series. Not on the third down, but on the first. Loosen up the damned box. Sheesh. 50 yards rushing ....

I want to say something about continually getting burned by dual threat QB's too. I am reminded of the song "How Long Has This Been Going On?" But I won't.

Reaction Score
We once watched one of Diaco's teams in the spring game start with the ball 3rd and goal, something like a dozen times, and failed to score once on the ground.

I am reminded of the old adage of New England football: "First establish the run." We have heard that enough.

I do not care how windy it is, the first series in which the run gets stopped, I hope they establish the pass on the next series. Not on the third down, but on the first. Loosen up the damned box. Sheesh. 50 yards rushing ....

I want to say something about continually getting burned by dual threat QB's too. I am reminded of the song "How Long Has This Been Going On?" But I won't.
man, i don't think they quite do this yet especially on UConn NIL money but if I were the quarterback I'd be tempted to say "ok, OLine, steaks are for winners, get my RBs some holes and you eat well tonight"

That being said, I don't think UConn NIL money allows for a QB to feed an oline for one night.

Reaction Score
Quoting a famous coach, "In life, winning and losing will both happen, what is never acceptable is quitting"! I strongly believe Mora is doing all he can to make UConn football a success. The fan base plays a role in making this happens. Will the fans quit on the team and NOT show up Saturday, or will they come out in large numbers and help the team pull the wagon up the hill. We shall soon see. Hope to see you their. The Old Guy...
Student tx are all taken so that is good news on the support front. Now we need the regular casuals to show up . The 3:30 start could help with this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FIU is not very good.
the office no GIF

Reaction Score
Well, I'm in Danbury right now for work in the morning (sigh), then it's off to the game! PLEASE, football gods, let us get a good win!! And if it's not too much to ask, can we have some good weather? I'm suffering enough now in Syracuse as it is.

Reaction Score
My wife & I will be at all 6 games in the Blue Lot. But, it's still tough to find people who want to go.
That GSU loss was a buzzkill!
Loses in the first two games of the season hurt. Hope we bounce.
back or the nay sayers will say “get out of football”. That is a sad defeatist attitude. A serious possible life threatening medical condition is stopping me from attending any games this season so my rooting will only be on TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom