UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
I would reverse it.
Me too. We shouldn't be favored against URI right now, so no idea how we are favored against FIU. Maybe the odds makers like Roberson or something.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Me too. We shouldn't be favored against URI right now, so no idea how we are favored against FIU. Maybe the odds makers like Roberson or something.
I would guess FIU has looked that bad.

UConn is a different team at home. That team that played NC St would beat FIU by 6 at home.

Reaction Score
I would guess FIU has looked that bad.

UConn is a different team at home. That team that played NC St would beat FIU by 6 at home.
More energy on the field if energy from the stands. It will be a running game probably, with winds blowing somewhat strong from Lee. Will 15,000 show up???? Hopefully everyone on this site will encourage attendance to be strong, even though it has been a tough start to the season. "Can't drive the car forward while looking backward". Let's support the HUSKIES. Yes, they did not live up to what was expected last week, but give Mora a chance and support to turn the program in a positive direction. See you there....

Reaction Score
More energy on the field if energy from the stands. It will be a running game probably, with winds blowing somewhat strong from Lee. Will 15,000 show up???? Hopefully everyone on this site will encourage attendance to be strong, even though it has been a tough start to the season. "Can't drive the car forward while looking backward". Let's support the HUSKIES. Yes, they did not live up to what was expected last week, but give Mora a chance and support to turn the program in a positive direction. See you there....
I'LL be there with 5 others. I don't know about this week but for the Duke game I'm adding seven to my crew and there isn't many tickets on the sideline lower bowl at least not together

Reaction Score
I trust the Vegas line more than any Yarder. When I saw that we were underdogs at G State, I was surprised and thought "uh-oh".
After 5 days of reflection about the game, I’ve found the silver lining. I was shocked that we were underdogs to Georgia State and thought taking the moneyline on UConn was an easy winner. If I had access to a betting site, I would’ve been annoyed with our play and poor. Now I’m just annoyed with our play. Better outcome.

Reaction Score
We will over-rely on D until it breaks from being on the field all day, then scratch our heads wondering why tackles are being missed, and we can’t chase down QBs and lose cover. This will be preceded by our Offensive Clustinator:

running and rolling over on every 3rd and long,
passing laterally 20 times,
running laterally 20 times,
running the same QB play action run option 10 times
1 pass to a TE because he forgot we have them
3 passes beyond 20 yards
1 I’ll timed and unnecessary gadget play
You should try not being so positive!

Reaction Score
This could be the problem.. you need a good center and a big running back to run between the tackles
That is it in nutshell. Get big backs or spread like old Oregon team with small backs that made opponents cover whole field (stack the box and get beat deep).
Mora saying not changing much or anything on offensive scheme is a bad decision. Play calling/deception is an issue.
QB runs defense were scheme issues, got to give up something somewhere else to get another defender in box.

Reaction Score
News said even though the hurricane is going to be quite a distance away, we still could see 30-40 mph winds. Probably not going to see much of a passing game. At least downfield.

Reaction Score
I would say the passing game success will be dependent on the wind direction.

As for the defense, I was listening to a podcast that talked about UConn’s run defense (Defense against RBs running is top 25 and has been pretty stout. Also heard their pass defense has been in the top half.

The big negative is defending running QBs which has been really bad as we have been gashed with some big plays and a lot of yards there.

Think if we get Malik Dixon-Williams back (sounds like he is practicing) that will be a huge upgrade to the secondary and should help a lot in defending the QB runs if he is healthy. And also some scheme changes as well certainly will help.

Reaction Score
Longest current losing streaks
Nevada 12
Baylor 6
Ball State 5
Virginia 5
Arkansas State 4
UConn 4
North Texas 4

We break thst streak on Saturday

If we count Nostical wins we're at 0

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
In the Press Conference he basically said the extra prep time for the two games gave the coaches time to essentially get overly "cute" and come up with some master schemes that look great on paper, but in reality they are just the product of overthinking it and putting the team and players in a bad position.
I think that's right. They first need to be able to execute solid, basic fundamentals before adding bells and whistles. Getting ravaged on the ground two weeks in a row by the opposing quarterback is something they need to solve now. That needs to be an absolute focus.

Reaction Score
Quoting a famous coach, "In life, winning and losing will both happen, what is never acceptable is quitting"! I strongly believe Mora is doing all he can to make UConn football a success. The fan base plays a role in making this happens. Will the fans quit on the team and NOT show up Saturday, or will they come out in large numbers and help the team pull the wagon up the hill. We shall soon see. Hope to see you their. The Old Guy...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom