Men - UConn v. Creighton Bluejays @ Elliott Ballpark (Fri. 5/10/24 @6:05p, Sat. 5/11/24 @1:05p & Sun. 5/12/24 @12:35a) Games on FloSports | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn v. Creighton Bluejays @ Elliott Ballpark (Fri. 5/10/24 @6:05p, Sat. 5/11/24 @1:05p & Sun. 5/12/24 @12:35a) Games on FloSports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ellisen looked okay against the 2 batters he faced and got out. I was a little surprised when he was taken out of the game, but the UConn coaching staff this season has been big on having lefty pitchers facing lefty batters late in games.

It would not surprise me if we see Ellisen on the mound again before the end of the regular season.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Home from the game, here are my thoughts:
1) Have a day, Tyler Minnick. Great time for him to get hot, and hopefully, he can carry it through the rest of the season.
2) Broadhurst has become a beast. He can carry the offense as long as there are ducks on the pond.
3) Tammaro isn't finding holes right now. He seems to be a click off.
4) Dalena is maturing in front of our eyes. He and Minnick can be key players from the infield corner positions next year.
5) I wish Padilla could hit more line drives, he would be so much more effective.
6) Quigs was ok, thought Cinella and Carrea were good. Ellison had some pop and if he can build off this, between he and Sullivan, that will be immense.
7) Good Quinn today. He has good stuff and it showed well. In my estimation, he needs to be our PJ lPoulin in the BET and hopefully Regional.
8) let's get that sweep tomorrow on Mother's Day!

Reaction Score
At large bid remains problematic. If we don’t win BE tourney, Northeastern better win its, since otherwise they will likely be the sole New England at large bid.

Reaction Score
At large bid remains problematic. If we don’t win BE tourney, Northeastern better win its, since otherwise they will likely be the sole New England at large bid.
I believe if they run the table, they’ll get in. Another loss anywhere and I think the at-large bid is gone. They really should go 5-0. Cincy on the road could be an issue but Creighton/Butler need to be wins. They’re peaking. My only question is will all facets of this team peaking be enough come tournament time to continue this good play against top competition. I think they’ll get an opportunity to answer that.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati has really given Uconn a bigtime win opportunity at the most important time. This could have easily been a 100-150 RPI game at this point. Win today, then beat them in a true road game come Tuesday.

Reaction Score
I may be 100% wrong in my thinking. But I believe we are in if we win BE regular season and get to championship game of BE tourney. That gets us to 33-35 wins, and our RPI should be in the high 30’s to low 40’s. Also that means we would have won 23-24 of our last 30 games.

I do agree that I’m not sure how we would do in NCAA. But this is baseball and anything can happen. We still have much work to do and obviously need to keep winning. I’m just happy we are in this position, because a month ago it seemed like we had no chance for an At Large Bid.

Happy Mother’s Day to all Mothers on the Boneyard.

Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Any chance we see Cooke Quinn Afthim Sully and Schild all back in Storrs next season? There’s a few other arms as well making for an experienced and talented core returning on the mound if that happens.

Reaction Score
Any chance we see Cooke Quinn Afthim Sully and Schild all back in Storrs next season? There’s a few other arms as well making for an experienced and talented core returning on the mound if that happens.

NIL could come into play on late draftees like Cooke and Afthim or maybe Quinn. Get them a few bucks to pay for their last year.

Reaction Score
NIL could come into play on late draftees like Cooke and Afthim or maybe Quinn. Get them a few bucks to pay for their last year.
I’m more worried about an SEC or P5 moving on Quinn regardless of NIL. But I think ur right it will play a role in some facet regarding those guys.

Reaction Score
I believe if they run the table, they’ll get in. Another loss anywhere and I think the at-large bid is gone. They really should go 5-0. Cincy on the road could be an issue but Creighton/Butler need to be wins. They’re peaking. My only question is will all facets of this team peaking be enough come tournament time to continue this good play against top competition. I think they’ll get an opportunity to answer that.
Xavier seems like they have a decent chance at an at large bid with their RPI and SOS and I could see the committee expanding the big east to a 2 bid league if they don’t win. I can’t see them giving 3 bids if UConn or X don’t win the conference tourney though so I tend to agree that an at large bid for UConn is still pretty tenuous right now.

Reaction Score
Xavier seems like they have a decent chance at an at large bid with their RPI and SOS and I could see the committee expanding the big east to a 2 bid league if they don’t win. I can’t see them giving 3 bids if UConn or X don’t win the conference tourney though so I tend to agree that an at large bid for UConn is still pretty tenuous right now.
It’s been tenuous since it became a realistic chance again. If things are fairly equal in the numbers game, I think Uconn has the advantage. My belief is that if Uconn wins out in the reg season, their in regardless of the BE Tourney outcome. Need to win today though.

Reaction Score
It’s been tenuous since it became a realistic chance again. If things are fairly equal in the numbers game, I think Uconn has the advantage. My belief is that if Uconn wins out in the reg season, their in regardless of the BE Tourney outcome. Need to win today though.
Agreed completely. There can be a tendency to get complacent seeing UConn on a bunch of mock regionals but that spot is far from a sure thing. Need to control what they can and keep winning

Reaction Score
Agreed completely. There can be a tendency to get complacent seeing UConn on a bunch of mock regionals but that spot is far from a sure thing. Need to control what they can and keep winning
I think the mocks by college baseball writers are a sign of respect. It is earned and great in & of itself. The committee, however, respects power conferences and will put an SEC team with 18-20 conference losses in over us with a smile on their face. Huskies have to go 18-3 in conference and get to championship game to not be sweating bullets on selection Monday.

Reaction Score
I think the mocks by college baseball writers are a sign of respect. It is earned and great in & of itself. The committee, however, respects power conferences and will put an SEC team with 18-20 conference losses in over us with a smile on their face. Huskies have to go 18-3 in conference and get to championship game to not be sweating bullets on selection Monday.
The respect ur alluding to is true. I look at it as the Respect nationally lacks substance. It’s sincere, but like u said. It’s hardly worth noting. The only way to change that is to schedule and win against them. Win on a national stage when they get an opportunity. I believe having a presence in the Northeast in the tourney is important for the committee but unfortunately Northeastern is also an option.

Reaction Score
Wonder if the senior ceremony today will be streamed online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom