UConn v. #4 Boston College (Fri. 11/17/23 @7p @Conte Forum & Sat. 11/18/23 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum) Both games on ESPN+. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #4 Boston College (Fri. 11/17/23 @7p @Conte Forum & Sat. 11/18/23 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum) Both games on ESPN+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SHU vs Toscano:

Capacity: SHU - 3,600. Toscano - 2,691
Cost: SHU - $ 70million. Toscano - $70million
Chairbacks: SHU - ALL seats Toscano - approx 80-85%
Padded Seats: SHU - All seats Toscano - NONE, (excepting major donor upper level)

Contracting: SHU - Private Sector Toscano - Public Sector

Reaction Score
Frustrating weekend. We were not outplayed in either game and stretches in both of outplaying a top 5 team in the country loaded with NHL talent.
Offense is struggling but also we are snakebit. Two on 1 in OT on Friday and we hit the post. Great shot that missed by an inch. Last night breakway he beats the BC goalie but it hits the post and bounces out.
BC on Friday had 2 or 3 fluky goals while our 4 were all on pure shots.
The good news is I don’t recall a single game where we were clearly outplayed. There may be one, but off the top of my head no.
at some point we may get the bounces and some luck. We aren’t finishing with a first round bye in the HE playoffs but I have to believe no coach really wants to play us because on any given night we have the chance to play with anyone. Just got to finish.
And that embellishment call is still completely BS and may have cost us a chance at a point or two.
Frustrating is better than just being dominated entirely though. So I guess there’s that.
You missed BC cycling in our end and completely dominating us on Friday night??? I think they made two line changes before we got the puck out.

Reaction Score
No shame in losing to BC, they are the Alabama of college hockey. No reason we can’t have the 2nd best program in the East. We are a national sports brand.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
SHU vs Toscano:

Capacity: SHU - 3,600. Toscano - 2,691
Cost: SHU - $ 70million. Toscano - $70million
Chairbacks: SHU - ALL seats Toscano - approx 80-85%
Padded Seats: SHU - All seats Toscano - NONE, (excepting major donor upper level)

Contracting: SHU - Private Sector Toscano - Public Sector
It’s a shame that something we all thought would be a huge boost for the program, the opening of Toscano, seems to be dragging it down. We all know the XL center will draw a larger base of fans if it’s properly marketed. How about 8 home games there instead of 4 in future seasons? How about actually advertising the games that are there? Kids are the future fans of this program and the XL is the only place they will be exposed to the Huskies. At rate we are going, they’re all gonna be Wolfpack fans pretty soon. The athletic department is failing this program, marketing wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom