UConn v. #2 Boston College (Friday 12/11 @ Kelly @ 6p on NESN / Saturday 12/12 @ Freitas @ 3:30p on CW20) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #2 Boston College (Friday 12/11 @ Kelly @ 6p on NESN / Saturday 12/12 @ Freitas @ 3:30p on CW20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate 3 on 3. It's not close to real hockey. Play 4 on 4 and then go shootout if this league hates ties so much.
Still pissed ishkakov left right before they added this format. He would have been dominant..

Reaction Score
Vomacka got hooked a bit there before he went to cover the puck but really happy with the effort that they showed in the 3rd period. Losing to the number 2 team in the country in OT is not bad

Reaction Score
Overall that was a great game. Hate to get moral victories but after first period we looked every bit of an equal to a very good team. Hope the effort tomorrow is the same.

Reaction Score
UConn looked very good after the first period. They look like a top 4 HEA team. I really don’t think Knight would have stopped any of those 3 goals.

Reaction Score
Dump Overtime. Adopt the soccer rules: 3 pts for a win, 1 to each team for a tie, and NO OT unless it's a knockout game requiring advancement.

3-on-3 is a joke. Imagine the NFL playing 7-on-7!

Reaction Score
Dump Overtime. Adopt the soccer rules: 3 pts for a win, 1 to each team for a tie, and NO OT unless it's a knockout game requiring advancement.

3-on-3 is a joke. Imagine the NFL playing 7-on-7!

In my mind, anytime a sport changes how the game is played in overtime is a joke. That would certainly include reducing the number of players in the field of play, or baseball's practice of placing a runner at second base at the beginning of each extra inning.

The biggest joke of of the Hockey East overtime rules is the shootout. In Hockey East, once overtime play is over, the game is declared a tie, but they still proceed to the shootout, but the shootout does not affect who is declared the winner or loser in terms of points that are allotted in the standings. To me this makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In my mind, anytime a sport changes how the game is played in overtime is a joke. That would certainly include reducing the number of players in the field of play, or placing a runner at second base at the beginning of each extra inning.

The biggest joke of of the Hockey East overtime rules is the shootout. In Hockey East, once overtime play is over, the game is declared a tie, but they still proceed to the shootout, but the shootout does not affect who is declared the winner or loser in terms of points that are allotted in the standings. To me this makes no sense at all.
Sadly, in a Hockey East league game, the shootout winner DOES get 2 points for HE standings. For NCAA purposes, the shootout is ignored, and the game is recorded as a tie. So the UConn non-league shootout "victory" over UMass is a tie for NCAA purposes, and is not - yet - an HE league game, as it was a "flex game". If, however, it becomes a "league" game due to a future UConn-UMass cancellation, then UConn gets two league points and UMass one.

Garbage. The way to encourage/reward wins is not Mickey Mouse shootouts, but 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, zero for a loss.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Love the grey fade jersey. Hate the camera angles at Freitas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom