UConn v. #2 Boston College (Friday 12/11 @ Kelly @ 6p on NESN / Saturday 12/12 @ Freitas @ 3:30p on CW20) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #2 Boston College (Friday 12/11 @ Kelly @ 6p on NESN / Saturday 12/12 @ Freitas @ 3:30p on CW20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing the game with me. I wish we were at vaughns and the next round would be on me! Cheers!! And happy holidays to you all!
We all need to meet face to face after the next XL game!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing the game with me. I wish we were at vaughns and the next round would be on me! Cheers!! And happy holidays to you all!
Happy Holidays!

Reaction Score
Watching these two games Uconn was every bit the equal of BC. That in itself is great to say. It’s early in the season but we clearly have flashed a lot of potential and I think in this season of uncertainty we have a team that could be pretty good.

Reaction Score
Another good hockey game, end to end. Lots of talent even with 6 players gone to WJC. 3rd UConn goal was very nice. Maybe things are starting to come together for Cav. He is a good coach and learned from the GOAT.

I wish they would hold the playoffs in April. Give the teams a chance to get a full season in. It could be a heck of a HEA final four, BC, UMass, UConn & PC. Probably will be at campus sites.

Reaction Score
Love the grey fade jersey. Hate the camera angles at Freitas.
Ugly grey fade uniforms appropriate for figure skaters. Maybe they'll be all-the-rage in Olympic breakdancing in 2024. Any grey uniform, whether worn by UConn or its opponents, evokes the Darth Vader of college sports.......................Georgetown.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Ugly grey fade uniforms appropriate for figure skaters. Maybe they'll be all-the-rage in Olympic breakdancing in 2024. Any grey uniform, whether worn by UConn or its opponents, evokes the Darth Vader of college sports.......................Georgetown.
Wow...angry about something? Georgetown sucks now...time to get over that,

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yes, hate fashioned-designed uniforms. UConn's colors are National Flag blue and white.
Well, you could have just said you didn't like them. Every major sport has worn grey at some point... It’s a nice 3rd alternative.

Reaction Score
It's not so much that I don't like Georgetown (although I don't). It's that I value tradition, and don't have any desire for a 3rd alternative. Perhaps my "handle" will shed some insight into why.

Reaction Score
UConn's alternate jerseys are impressive. We've used gray for uniforms of other programs. Our jerseys were ugly in the MAAC and AHA. What we have now are masterpieces.

Can't believe it took Cavanaugh this long to have the players playing with a sense of accountability consistently. We have yet to end our losing streak to Sacred Heart.

Reaction Score

>>The Huskies are currently atop the Hockey East standings — though only four teams have actually played conference games so far.<<

>>UConn isn’t scheduled to play against until New Years’ Day against UNH, but Cavanaugh said he’s trying to find an opponent for his team next weekend.<<

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Wow.

Wow, wow, wow.

Obvious caveat: BC was missing 4 of their 5 best players. But UConn missing Firstov is also a big deal, and BC's super deep. They're gonna win Hockey East in their sleep once they get everyone back. The frosh in net looked really good, too.

A very mature 60 from UConn today. They didn't get shelled and have great goaltending bail them out, they legit controlled today's game and took it to BC. They frustrated BC late in the game, that's how you can tell UConn had control, BC started pressing and taking bad penalties. That might be their most impressive win under Cav.

Vomacka was great all weekend as well.

Hope they can put something together before 2021. And that it sticks.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I caught the last 10 minutes (tying goal through OT) of Friday on replay Saturday morning before game two. One we scored the tying goal, BC really took over and controlled the puck to the end - they looked dominant. Fast forward to the Sat game, I was surprised to see us go up 3-0 in game 2. Great win for the program and really sets the stage for the season.

Reaction Score
Yes, hate fashioned-designed uniforms. UConn's colors are National Flag blue and white.
Nice to finally have an ally. If they need a 3rd sweater go with white or blue with the dog face on it. Not this Saturday Night Fever thing

Reaction Score
It’s funny how uniforms can evoke such dramatic differences of opinion. Personally I like them a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom