UConn v. #18 Duke Blue Devils @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/23/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #18 Duke Blue Devils @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/23/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Video was edited. The husky took a crap on the uniform at the very end.
Hey he picked whites for them on a cold rainy Saturday. Who's a good boy?
IMG_0255.jpeg

Reaction Score
Some plays? He needs to make a decision on how to run the O and go with it. Marinelli should take over. He’s a Mazzone understudy.
I agree with you, but look at it from Coach Mora’s point of view. A loss of confidence in his OC prior to the game and sidelining him is a big deal. I’ll say this, I don’t think AD Dave would have any problem with this.

Reaction Score
Six-Pack Steve on Game Day picking UConn or at least picking Duke to not cover.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, but look at it from Coach Mora’s point of view. A loss of confidence in his OC prior to the game and sidelining him is a big deal. I’ll say this, I don’t think AD Dave would have any problem with this.
I’m hoping it was handled last Sunday.

Reaction Score
For all those who have been pushing for Marinelli to take over the offensive reins from Charlton, I found this tidbit:
“ John Marinelli returns for his second season on the UConn sidelines in 2023. Marinelli joined head coach Jim Mora's staff last season as the tight ends coach and this year will move into the role of passing game coordinator as well as the executive director of recruiting with a focus on the offense.”

Reaction Score
For all those who have been pushing for Marinelli to take over the offensive reins from Charlton, I found this tidbit:

“ John Marinelli returns for his second season on the UConn sidelines in 2023. Marinelli joined head coach Jim Mora's staff last season as the tight ends coach and this year will move into the role of passing game coordinator as well as the executive director of recruiting with a focus on the offense.”
Couple that w/ a new Running Back Coach and a new Wide Receiver Coach this year and it’s clearly a challenge but they all need to figure it out sooner than later (duh).

Reaction Score
Couple that w/ a new Running Back Coach and a new Wide Receiver Coach this year and it’s clearly a challenge but they all need to figure it out sooner than later (duh).
Is John Marinelli advanced enough in his career to take over as offensive coordinator. Obviously, his father is one of the most respected high school coaches ever in the history of the state of Connecticut, and John did a strong job at Greenwich High School. He is articulate and apparently relates well to the student athletes. Recruiting has improved, too, in part because of him. He has limited experience at other colleges. He has the potential of following Mora as head coach years from now, so I would hate to see him take over as OC and have it fall apart because the challenge is too great at this point in his career. Still, if they gave him a chance and he succeeded, he would be ideal as the next head coach for UConn and would be part of the coaching team that could get UConn into a power conference like the ACC. What do others think?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom