UConn v. #15 UMass Minuteman (Friday 10/25/24 @7p @Mullins Center & Saturday 10/26/24 @7p @Toscano) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #15 UMass Minuteman (Friday 10/25/24 @7p @Mullins Center & Saturday 10/26/24 @7p @Toscano)

Reaction Score
What’s particularly great about watching this team is the high level of compete within them along with the team speed to match. There may have been highly touted players in the past but this crew already seems to play together and for each other as noted by the number of blocked shots in this series vs UMass. So far this is an incredibly fun team to watch and that is really a huge surprise. Janvariya might be my favourite newcomer of the bunch, but Shahan has really impressed and Percival has taken his game to a completely new level. It’s a long season but it could be a very interesting one to follow…
I agree about Janvariya - one of my favs. Wish he would shoot more.
This team seems to work well together. I’m really curious about what happened with last years team. I guess we’ll never know.

Reaction Score
Hating is justified?

No - pointing out clear deficiencies should be welcomed, however. Coaches making well into six figures should count on that. As noted post Colgate, this team is faster, hungrier and better prepared. Even Carvel noted in his presser that UConn took UMass' best shot(s) and survived them then turned the tables! Praise from him is a feather in the coaching staff 's hat.

Let's keep it up - with pairwise set up as it is, we need a sweep next weekend. On to VT and let's take care of business.

Reaction Score
Decent crowd IN ATTENDANCE. Too many no-shows as usual. Didn’t help to have to compete wih a 3:30 football start 25 miles away.

Great to have the Woodstock Academy band performing. Nice job, highschoolers!

Hockey scheduling leaves a lot to be desired.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Decent crowd IN ATTENDANCE. Too many no-shows as usual. Didn’t help to have to compete wih a 3:30 football start 25 miles away.

Great to have the Woodstock Academy band performing. Nice job, highschoolers!

Hockey scheduling leaves a lot to be desired.
We could also blame football scheduling.

Reaction Score
Hating is justified?
zls and I have had this back and forth. I want your players, he wants my coach. UConn has gotten some really really good talent but has gone nowhere with them because he can't coach and scheme and them and build them up. Mine, UMass Lowell (I'm a UConn PhD), I know he can coach but his system has prevented him from getting the necessary scoring in order to win games because scorers don't want to play in a defensive system. I know what average talent and a good goaltender looks like in my school's system. They look like several national tournaments with threats go deep (damn you Yale).

UConn has a lot of resources and probably should be doing better right now. While I think UConn has continued to half-ass hockey in a lot of ways the reality is they have more resources devoted to the sport in hockey east short of Boston College. There is no reason for UConn hockey to not be better at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom