UConn v. #1 Boston College (Friday 1/22 @ Kelly @ 4p & Saturday 1/23 @ Freitas @ 4p on CW20) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #1 Boston College (Friday 1/22 @ Kelly @ 4p & Saturday 1/23 @ Freitas @ 4p on CW20)

Reaction Score
This is a really fun team to root for. As mentioned above we are now on even footing with the top teams in the conference. Honestly do not think Vomacka has played even close to his best. If he does we will be tough to beat in any game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Is it 4:00 on Saturday yet? Damn, I can’t wait. Just wish I could be there! I’m only a half hour away UConn...still time to invite me!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Is it 4:00 on Saturday yet? Damn, I can’t wait. Just wish I could be there! I’m only a half hour away UConn...still time to invite me!
I seriously know they can’t, but hey, it doesn’t hurt to ask. Just know I love my Huskies!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This is a really fun team to root for. As mentioned above we are now on even footing with the top teams in the conference. Honestly do not think Vomacka has played even close to his best. If he does we will be tough to beat in any game.
super troopers yes GIF by Fox Searchlight

Reaction Score
This team has great depth. I looked at the lines before the game and there was no line where I was flinching at the thought of them being on the ice against the top-ranked team.

There were a few moments in the game where we reverted back to our play in the first 3-4 years of our HE existence where we just brutally gave pucks away in horrible spots. However, one thing I've noticed that is different with this year's team is how good we are at passing, especially in the defensive and neutral zone. This is the most skilled team we've ever had top to bottom.

It absolutely sucks for this group of kids that fans aren't allowed in. This team playing at the XL- with the points they are racking up and the WAY that they play, fearless, throwing the body around, never out of it. The XL would be deafening. Hell it would be loud the second Capone starts leveling everything in his sight, never mind goals.

BC's going to be tough to handle tomorrow. They know they blew this game so they'll be pissed - but they also realize now how good UConn is so they are probably going to focus and tighten up their play a bit more. I wouldn't expect 5 pp's tomorrow.

Regardless, this is one hell of a team to root for. Great mix of skill, physicality, goaltending. And on top of that a lot of players on this team will be returning next year.

The future is bright. Construction on Trump's wall with Mexico may have stopped but I expect construction on Cavanaugh's wall across the CT/Mass/Ri borders to finally start progressing over the next few recruiting cycles.

Reaction Score
In terms of HE standings, it says we are 5-5-2 with 2 shootout wins... does that mean we are essentially 7-5-2?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
In terms of HE standings, it says we are 5-5-2 with 2 shootout wins... does that mean we are essentially 7-5-2?
it would be 7-5-0 if they counted shootout wins as actual wins....?? but alas, they are ties.

Reaction Score
Insane way they award points. It’s either a win or it isn’t. If it gets counted as a tie...

FWIW I thought the pass on the tying goal was a thing of beauty too. Perfect placement and Jonny didn’t try to overplay it either. This is a team finally that can go toe to toe with any HEA team and it doesn’t feel like a fluke as it did a few years ago.

Reaction Score
I honestly would like to see Puskar or Cassidy Bowes on the fourth line instead of Robbins but that’s just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Program guide doesn't list the game on CW20. Maybe a late addition? In any case it IS available on the CBS Sports app that the wife installed 2 weeks ago.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Program guide doesn't list the game on CW20. Maybe a late addition? In any case it IS available on the CBS Sports app that the wife installed 2 weeks ago.
It’s on...expect stuff like this for the rest of the season. Schedules are being set on Monday or Tuesday. Nothing is written in stone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom