UConn - UVA Post Game Coverage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn - UVA Post Game Coverage

Reaction Score
I also think we have seen the end of Arkeel as a traditional running back which is a good thing. Hopkins and Mensah are much more rugged and tough to bring done. A screen to Newsome is usually open and basically an easy 6 yds. I have faith Lashlee continue to figure out personal and put our guys in spots to succeed.

You also realize that after awhile it becomes totally predictable and easy to defend. You still have use him in the running game to make him effective in the screen/passing game. I realize he has not been good but, the offensive line SUCKS, at run blocking!!! Our longest runs (other the BS) we're in garbage time. PLEASE STOP with these Newsome's not a RB posts. You're the same people who thought Ron Johnson was the next Gale Sayers. He's posting as NavinRJohnson from Valdosta, GA.

Reaction Score
Was anyone else surprised to see Mensah get in the game today? Clearly playing their guys to see what they have. Hopkins and Mensah should be ok at RB. I think the team has more talent and depth there than we thought coming in. At least 3 viable RB's all filling a role. Defense obviously the glaring weakness.

Reaction Score
Good grades in this game?

The surgery was a success but the patient died.

This team was psychologically unprepared to compete on the road.

I watched 10 min of this game. On the first drive there was a play where the Y receiver needed to be handed off from the OLB to the FS, or whatever the inside shell DB is called in this D, and they were 5 steps too slow. Basically telegraphed the receiver would be wide open, and sure enough, 12 yd out pattern off the route tree and first down big yard chunk play.

Been a long time since we went on the road mentally tough enough to win.

Reaction Score
We have posters saying that Newsome is no longer a running back yet you somehow managed to out-stupid them

Call me Master or dont talk football w me. This team looked like they needed diaper changes because they shat themselves in front of 20k people at an ACC venue on national TV.

Its that simple.

Uva is not a good team and would have trouble with HC too.

Reaction Score
Call me Master or dont talk football w me. This team looked like they needed diaper changes because they shat themselves in front of 20k people at an ACC venue on national TV.

Its that simple.

Carl, they are just not that good. Nothing more, nothing less.

The stupid twins and Dicko did major damage.

Trying to analyze or lay blame is useless.

Reaction Score

Its that simple.

it's a lot easier to think they weren't "mentally prepared" than it is to admit we are currently trying to put a square peg into a round hole with the defense. it's going to take time to get things up and running.

Reaction Score
Carl, they are just not that good. Nothing more, nothing less.

The stupid twins and Dicko did major damage.

Trying to analyze or lay blame is useless.

Theyre better than they looked today. UVA is not good. Edsall is looking for team leaders. Upperclassmen on this roster at present do not know how to win on the road.

Reaction Score
Theyre better than they looked today. UVA is not good. Edsall is looking for team leaders. Upperclassmen on this roster at present do not know how to win on the road.

How do you know they are better than they looked today? They struggled to beat HC.

Nobody, including the coaching staff, know how good they are.

A new offensive scheme, combined with a new defense scheme and throw in a team who has been screwed over by under 70 IQ college football coaches, and what you have is damaged goods.

Reaction Score
How do you know they are better than they looked today?

Because Im a smartypants. Stayed at Holiday Inn express.

This is an entirely different game if not for turnovers and mistakes. Even with the defense still in baby diapers.

It would drive a younger Edsall nuts and have him saying the players didnt execute the plan.

Its over. Hopefully some young players bubble up as leaders,

Reaction Score
does anyone know if the entire press conference is posted somewhere. UConn sports information should post it if no one else does.

I have not seen it in its entirety anywhere today yet and they are not normally posted on the UConn Football site.

Reaction Score
Sunday Conference Call:

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 45s 45 seconds ago
Sounds like Arkeel Newsome might be a more situational player going forward. Randy Edsall says some guys are more suited to situations.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 10s 11 seconds ago
Edsall channeling his inner Belichick says "just do your job. If we do that, there are things on film that show we can be consistent."

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 23s 24 seconds ago
Edsall said he has a better feel now, thru 2 games, for what guys can and can't do.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 25s 26 seconds ago
Edsall also said he is not sure yet how long safety Anthony Watkins (concussion) will be out.

ThisIsUConnCountry‏ @MattSchonvisky 7s 8 seconds ago
Day After Call: You may have noticed #UConnFootball RB Jason Thompson on 3rd downs yesterday-Edsall likes his ability to pass protect

Reaction Score
I was half-listening to the game on Tune-in while at my son's XC meet in MA, but we score 10 or 14 points on those 2 redzone drives and even if we lose it is probably a close game. We did some ok things in the 2nd half offensively. Defense is clearly a big issue - not sure what to do there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Newsome needs to be in space to be effective? Who knew?

REv2 needs to to spend a little more time reading The Boneyard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom