UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No, the networks like the raising from the hurricane narrative - it will get coverage
Of course it will get some coverage, but that is not what I said.

Reaction Score
Of course it will get some coverage, but that is not what I said.
Not sure why all the worry about wether it will be televised. I would presume most of us on the Boneyard have season tickets. Those who have a conflict wouldn't be able to watch anyway.

Reaction Score
I should bookmark posts like this for when anyone asks why going independent in football is a bad thing, for scheduling.

Pin it on the basketball board (not that they'll care). ;)

Great job by AD Dave & Aresco in getting this resolved!

They're still working on UCF & Memphis. - looks like UCF and USF will end up with an 11-game schedule?

Reaction Score
I can't stand all those preview shows, fantasy or reality. I'll be watching people play sports, not talk about sports. But maybe that's just me.
I agree with you, and do not watch them, but more people will than will watch UConn/ECU and that is what matters to ESPN.

Reaction Score
If the worst thing that comes of this is that our worst home game against our worst conference opponent is on a Sunday and a bad TV channel, that's not the end of the world. UConn-ECU wasn't getting picked up by anyone important to begin with and it wasn't going to be a box office barnburner. I'm fine with that game being the sacrificial lamb.

Reaction Score
I never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but "I feel bad for UMass". This sucks for UMass and their players.;)
At 0-11 instead of 0-12, it could mean UMess ends up with sort of a better record. That requires FIU to be in the CUSA conference championship game, so no FIU-UMess game occurs. Feel worse for UMess now?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I was out of pocket before.

>>"It was very important to us to try to get the game rescheduled for a lot of different reasons, for our fans, for our student-athletes and certainly the opportunity to play a full schedule which is very important to our program right now," UConn Director of Athletic David Benedict said in a conference call. "Coach (Randy) Edsall, he is trying to build a program here and to have one less game and one less opportunity to work with your kids would have been difficult to manage."<<

>>"I never lost hope, I never lost optimism throughout the process but there were a lot of different scenarios that they went through to try to make this happen," Benedict said. "I can't tell you if this was the fifth, sixth or seventh scenario but they worked it. I hand it to the conference, they could have shelved it. They could have said, 'look we tried a lot of different ways and it didn't work.' To go to the extent that they have, it really says a lot."<<

Reaction Score
If the 11/4 weather forecast calls for cold weather, quite frankly and all will USF fly in to the balmy Yukon Territory several days early in preparation? :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I won't hold my breath for the "USF cancelled the game solely because they're afraid to play UConn and want to focus on Illinois" contingent to resurface here.
Was that ever really a thing? There was a contingent who surmised, correctly in my view, that the short turn around time to the Illinois game impacted USF decision to leave kids in harms way at home rather than move them to safety in Connecticut.

The point is moot, however, we got our home game back.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but : "I feel bad for UMass".

This sucks for UMass and their players. They lose a game in the middle of the season with no opportunity to find a replacement game. That sucks for their players. But better them than us I guess. ;)
It would be greatly surprised if we don't find out that both USF and UConn (us by way of basketball games or something) each threw UMass a bone in the process of working this out.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
looks like UCF and USF will end up with an 11-game schedule?

I am guessing that is by choice for USF. USF has a bye week on Oct 7th. UMASS has a bye on Oct 7th as well. If USF wanted to play the UMASS game, they could have just moved the game against UMASS up one week. So they must have wanted to keep their bye week more than they did to play the UMASS game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's like watching yesterday's news.

Never said it was the preferred method, but certainly better than missing the game altogether.

Turn off your phone updates and it's at least a reasonable facsimile.

Reaction Score
Was that ever really a thing? There was a contingent who surmised, correctly in my view, that the short turn around time to the Illinois game impacted FSU decision to leave kids in harms way at home rather than move them to safety in Connecticut.

The point is moot, however, we got our home game back.

It was very much a thing. Of course, this doesn't happen without USF being not just amenable but proactive in the process, which kind of torpedoes the entire theory . . .

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Fwiw, Pats and Giants both play at 1 on the 24th. I'll have the multi screen setup running that day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was very much a thing. Of course, this doesn't happen without USF being not just amenable but proactive in the process, which kind of torpedoes the entire theory . . .
Yeah, I think that you are remembering the red herring arguments not that actual ones. The suggestion that somehow because USF ultimately rescheduled the cancelled game with us then the short week before the Illinois game must not have been a factor in their decision to cancel the original game is adding 1 and 1 and getting 3.

You'll forgive me if I don't nominate USF for sainthood for making up a conference game that was cancelled as an accommodation to them.

Regardless, the point is moot, we got our game back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin