UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
And I guess this makes the USF game Senior Night since it is our last home game of the year now?

Reaction Score
Ironically, youth football for a good portion of the state moved to Sundays a few years ago, somewhat hopefully to accommodate UConn Saturdays (maybe not really, but i can be blissfully ignorant on that).

So, a move to Sunday, combined with other circumstances, probably knocks me out.

I don't understand why we don't play youth football on Friday like the rest of the country.

Reaction Score
This is way better for us, too. Colder weather game, more time to prepare and get better before the toughest game on our schedule.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31375-1417182486-15.gif

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
But at noon, it is going up against the NFL pregame shows (which is a big slot for ESPN and other sports networks). If they were actually interested, maybe we could move the game to 1pm after the pregame shows. But I am guessing that will not happen since they already announced the noon start time.
I would be shocked out of my head if this game is televised on the The Mothership or the Deuce. Most likely ESPNNews, ESPNU, or CBSSN. I can't see a path where it has a snowball's chance in Hades to knock an NFL pregame off any of the big networks. None. Zero. Zip. Nyet.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
This is way better for us, too. Colder weather game, more time to prepare and get better before the toughest game on our schedule.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31375-1417182486-15.gif

While I agree, the one possible challenge will be the USF game will be coming off of the game against Mizzou. Luckily, they are somewhat of an SEC-lite team (if there is such a thing). But hope we don't come into the USF game somewhat beat up.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
I can't see a path where it has a snowball's chance in Hades to knock an NFL pregame off any of the big networks. None. Zero. Zip. Nyet.

There is a better chance of a new ESPN talk show co-hosted by Jemele Hill and Curt Schilling during that time slot than there is of UConn-ECU replacing an NFL pregame show.:D

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There is a better chance of a new ESPN talk show co-hosted by Jemele Hill and Curt Schilling during that time slot than there is of UConn replacing an NFL pregame show.:D
No THAT, I would watch. :eek:

C

Chief00

The only path for UMass to the AAC is to take our seat. There will never be a time when both UMass and UConn are here together. Until then, they can enjoy the fruits of being the #1 substitute/stand by "partner" for scheduling purposes!
Ideally, we get picked by a P5 and they replace us. But, don't fool yourself, UMass had an interest in being so flexible - they are now next in line for AAC.

Reaction Score
On the other hand, do you think ESPN/2/U/CBSSN have anything better to put on than live college football?
At noon much more people would watch NFL preview/fantasy shows than UConn/ECU.

Reaction Score
There is a better chance of a new ESPN talk show co-hosted by Jemele Hill and Curt Schilling during that time slot than there is of UConn-ECU replacing an NFL pregame show.:D

I think you just won the Internet for the day!

We will be lucky to get on ESPNU or CBSSN, but who cares. Great job by all involved getting this done.

C

Chief00

Yup... it was all you. God - what would UConn do without you.
Nah - Benedict gets all the credit on this one. I was the one that posted the Benedict Rock Star thread which others tried to take down. How do you translate all that into me trying to take the credit?

I just supplied some ammo for AAC Office

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
At noon much more people would watch NFL preview/fantasy shows than UConn/ECU.
You're right, I forgot it was a noon game. I think the point still stands for ESPNU/ESPNNews/CBSSN though.

C

Chief00

I would be shocked out of my head if this game is televised on the The Mothership or the Deuce. Most likely ESPNNews, ESPNU, or CBSSN. I can't see a path where it has a snowball's chance in Hades to knock an NFL pregame off any of the big networks. None. Zero. Zip. Nyet.
No, the networks like the raising from the hurricane narrative - it will get coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom