Uconn @ usf Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn @ usf Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing more predictable than a fan base complaining about the refs. Why do people do it?

Just looked at Uconn's plus/minus on turnovers to date. They're -20 and that's with a plus 10 against Holy Cross. This across meager competition. Throughout the box scores to date, most of the basics are always in Uconn's favor - FG%, Rebounds. The one neutralizer that keeps teams effective is the turnovers - this team is just sloppy with the basketball. Most of the games where you'd think this team should pulverize the opponent, it's been the turnovers/additional FG attempts that's kept teams in it. Fortunately, that's something that they can get better at given it's usually focus/decision making and not as much about talent/athletecism.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
TO called for another over the back foul, Gilchrist hits two FTs

Reaction Score
They called foul on Drummond there? After all the flops?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
If we take nothing else away from this game, it's great to see JL embracing the go-to-guy role.

Reaction Score
Nothing more predictable than a fan base complaining about the refs. Why do people do it?

Just looked at Uconn's plus/minus on turnovers to date. They're -20 and that's with a plus 10 against Holy Cross. This across meager competition. Throughout the box scores to date, most of the basics are always in Uconn's favor - FG%, Rebounds. The one neutralizer that keeps teams effective is the turnovers - this team is just sloppy with the basketball. Most of the games where you'd think this team should pulverize the opponent, it's been the turnovers/additional FG attempts that's kept teams in it. Fortunately, that's something that they can get better at given it's usually focus/decision making and not as much about talent/athletecism.

Bad calls on both sides.

On the other hand, how was that a blocking foul on Drummond?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Only player in double digits is JL. Game is still not over since we're up 5 over USF. USF. I really just do not get this team.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Boat bricks first of 1 and 1 then usf drains three, up 5 with 35 sec

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
SN misses, usf fouled on drive after another good setup from Collins

Reaction Score
Impressions: Collins (USF freshman guard) is pretty good; very quick and good D (picked SN and RB clean a
couple of times.)
These refs are not having a great game. I realize that I have the luxury of replay, but I'm not getting paid
to get them right. I think the time has probably come for Bob D'Onato to hang em up.
Jeremy Lamb is a stud; we'd better get the most we can out of him this year.
Olander is very much improved over last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom