UConn-USC Postgame Thread (The Huskies back to the Final Four!!!) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn-USC Postgame Thread (The Huskies back to the Final Four!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe Maj Forsberg has been a referee in Big East, including UConn, games.
And the infamous Dee Kantner has officiated in games with teams from almost every conference playing and odds are that she will be on the court in the Final Four.
Oh please, say it ain’t so!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Thats why I took out the last 8. The free throws were almost even And no one fouled out for UConn.
While no one fouled out...when a player gets 4 fouls on them their ability to defend depreciates. In other words, a team's / player's ability to defend is directly proportional to the level of foul trouble said team is in.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Seems like ESPN and Yahoo feel the same way. I was watching right after the game when she mentioned her faith, and she always does. I’ve read a number of articles about the game quoting her and none have quoted that portion. A lot of these high performance athletes refer to their faith. It can be cringy sometimes but with Paige you can tell it’s real. I can respect that. ESPN did post that interview on their YouTube page. I haven’t found it on espn.com. I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy or intentional but I haven’t seen it so…….. Kidding aside, when I see her unafraid to say that in that moment it restores my own faith. Fun game to watch. Never saw Watkins play before. She’s goood!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
E747E5E8-78BD-415E-BA72-75C73E1C5C09.jpeg

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
To this unbelievable team - THANK YOU, THANK YOU for such a great game and an amazing year. Good luck next weekend!

Geno’s Angels at the Dailey Planet!

SuperMühl
Captain Aaliy-ica
Hannibal Bueckers
Slim Shady
The Ice Maiden
The Inêsible Hulk
Samurai
Flash Griffin
Duch Vader
PattMan
Captain Amarvel
Azzi the Vampire Slayer
Jana Nirvana
creative

Reaction Score
There's 8 players who suit up and are able to play for the team. Let's respect Ines. She's a contributor, and will do so when her time comes. All the wonderful women/persons on the team have gone through the rigors of the program, knowing what is expected of them.
Another INES fan.... noting your Respect for Ines with mine!

Reaction Score
I believe Maj Forsberg has been a referee in Big East, including UConn, games.
And the infamous Dee Kantner has officiated in games with teams from almost every conference playing and odds are that she will be on the court in the Final Four.
I am still waiting for the NCAA to name the final four referees. Dee Kantner and Maj Forsberg are usually on the list of the dozen or so they name. The men’s side has ready named their officials. Maybe it is taking a little longer on the women’s side to perform a more thorough review of the ref’s background so they don’t get embarassed replacing a ref in the middle of a game.

Reaction Score
Scary thing about JuJu is not just that she's got 3 more years, but she has the #1 recruiting class coming in to play with her for the next few seasons. USC isn't going away any time soon.
IN the post game presser Geno said that he suggested to JuJu (at the end of the game) that she
was "ready" for the WNBA draft. ( He was joking about saying that (I assume) but in his
heart ......

Reaction Score
Seems like ESPN and Yahoo feel the same way. I was watching right after the game when she mentioned her faith, and she always does. I’ve read a number of articles about the game quoting her and none have quoted that portion. A lot of these high performance athletes refer to their faith. It can be cringy sometimes but with Paige you can tell it’s real. I can respect that. ESPN did post that interview on their YouTube page. I haven’t found it on espn.com. I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy or intentional but I haven’t seen it so…….. Kidding aside, when I see her unafraid to say that in that moment it restores my own faith. Fun game to watch. Never saw Watkins play before. She’s goood!!!
Just my two cents:
I applaud anyone, and everyone, especially young people, who openly proclaim their faith. And not that they have to do it, but kudos to Paige and others who are not afraid, or shy away from this topic — you have to believe in something, if not, you will fall for everything.

Reaction Score
It's the scoring from Ice Brady that was miraculous! She's been a huge disappoint and non-factor the entire season. Yet she's woken up suddenly!!! A miracle!!!
Yes, Ice Brady hasn’t played to her potential most of the season, but this statement is a little harsh. Remember, she sat out all of last year due to a severe knee injury. Anyway, she did played in the BE tournament, and did very, very well. Her coaches, as well as her teammates, know her contribution to the team’s success is vital, and she knows that also. She just needs to be a little bit more confident in herself. And she proved that last night.

Reaction Score
If this is the same play I posted about in the Chat, it happened on a made UConn basket and with Aaliyah laying on the court, Antonelli was praising USC (Marshall?) for inbounding the ball so quickly in hopes of getting a fast break going. My jaw dropped as Deb completely ignored the flagrant foul that most everyone saw.
It’s one of those Debbie Antonelli‘s finest moments!!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
These things I know after the last 48 hours:
  • Never try to play tennis at 9 am the day after a 9:30 pm E8 game and then coach a 9 y/o soccer team at dinner time (I’ll let you know tomorrow how the latter went :D)
  • I’m not washing my Everybody Eats shirt and red shorts until after next weekend.
  • I’m staying out of the BY chat because it’s working
  • The team beat both the mental hangover sweet 16 hump AND the elite 8 hump, so now they’re playing with house money.
  • Nika is the bubble gum-duct tape-glue-heart leader of this team
  • Seeing CD give Q a huge hug made me cry all over again this morning
  • We’ve got Paige and they don’t.
  • Paige is the POY. Period.
  • Geno is COY. Double squared to infinity and beyond. Period.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If this is the same play I posted about in the Chat, it happened on a made UConn basket and with Aaliyah laying on the court, Antonelli was praising USC (Marshall?) for inbounding the ball so quickly in hopes of getting a fast break going. My jaw dropped as Deb completely ignored the flagrant foul that most everyone saw.
Not only that, as the replay was shown, while Edwards was being thrown to the floor, Antonelli was still bellyaching about a perceived missed call from the previous play!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Scary thing about JuJu is not just that she's got 3 more years, but she has the #1 recruiting class coming in to play with her for the next few seasons. USC isn't going away any time soon.
I was not referring to USC's JuJu, but my West African magical powers which came through last night. But yes @hoopsfan22 USC is not going away.

Reaction Score
Late to the party. I am very happy to be wrong about my prediction for this game. We just witnessed another chapter in the legend of Paige Bueckers and her Merry Sisters as they move on to the Final Four. I hoped, but never expected this team to get this far with the way the season started and as the injuries piled up. What a ride it's been.

Reaction Score
I am still waiting for the NCAA to name the final four referees. Dee Kantner and Maj Forsberg are usually on the list of the dozen or so they name. The men’s side has ready named their officials. Maybe it is taking a little longer on the women’s side to perform a more thorough review of the ref’s background so they don’t get embarassed replacing a ref in the middle of a game.
They’re both on the list. NCAA website.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I think JUJu is a great player but she likes to lean into the defensive players to get that and 1 call I wish they would stop that .. but as a defender you have to be ready for that also .. Ash was leaned into on her 1st fouls imo
Little more than a lean-in. The player jumped left into her. Gotta say the one Ash foul, Ash was grabbing the players arm with both hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom