UConn @ University of Texas 2/24 @5p ET, 2/25 @3p ET, 2/26 @1pET) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ University of Texas 2/24 @5p ET, 2/25 @3p ET, 2/26 @1pET)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Not scoring that runner from 2nd will cost us vs. better teams (and as good as Texas will be by the end of next year, they are not very good right now).

So proud of this pitching staff! The bullpen is night and day better than last week.

Reaction Score
I want to give Aaron some weeway because he made me eat my words last year but at what point does Penders move him out of the lead off spot.

Willy Yahn says he'll be back for the series against UC Davis. That's in two weeks. When Yahn comes back, one of the first three hitters in the order will be moved out of one of those spots in favor of him.

Reaction Score
A little hard to listen to the game while attending the senior day festivities and game at Gampel, but I managed. Montgomerie is something else. A year ago at this time a 1st inning like today would have easily driven him from the game. I thought with a 30+ pitch 1st inning he wasn't going to be in the game all that long. Instead he turns it around into a dominating performance. Montgomerie has gone from being a pitcher who could turn your stomach inside out to someone you really want to see on the mound for your team. He has shown stunning growth.

Reaction Score
Is polonia hurt? He looked dominant at points last year and he has not seen any action so far..granted there were times he was wildly inconsistent.surprised him and zapata have not seen the mound so far this year....

Reaction Score
Is polonia hurt? He looked dominant at points last year and he has not seen any action so far..granted there were times he was wildly inconsistent.surprised him and zapata have not seen the mound so far this year....

Polonia out a few more weeks due to an "arm issue". Thought to be able to be cleared in time for western road swing. Seems Zapata is going to have to fight for innings @ this point.

Reaction Score
This is a big game. Today will show us which players can step up and produce in clutch situations. I think Doug is a reliable arm but if he shows any signs of struggling Penders has to take him out. To me this is a must win play-off type game. I'd imagine winning this series would do wonders for the RPI. My understanding of RPI isn't on par with @ucjoet, although I think he'd agree with my assumption.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The seniors will be the key to the game. Texas is throwing a very young team at us, so our seniors need to play like seniors.

Reaction Score
This is a big game. Today will show us which players can step up and produce in clutch situations. I think Doug is a reliable arm but if he shows any signs of struggling Penders has to take him out. To me this is a must win play-off type game. I'd imagine winning this series would do wonders for the RPI. My understanding of RPI isn't on par with @ucjoet, although I think he'd agree with my assumption.

Right now, UConn's RPI is @ 47. Texas is @ 138

Reaction Score
Wow. The Longhorn Network just said outside of Feldstein the lineup is batting .094. Somebody else on offense needs to step up to win this series.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Hill grounds out to start us off. He will probably drop in the lineup a considerable amount when Yahn returns.

Prato with his 3rd single of the series! Then Susi hits a double, but Prato gets gunned down at the plate.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Didn't score, but there were some great at bats that inning.

Need to shut them down obviously

Reaction Score
Anyone know where to get an online stream of LHN? Legal or illegal, I don't care.

Reaction Score
Polonia out a few more weeks due to an "arm issue". Thought to be able to be cleared in time for western road swing. Seems Zapata is going to have to fight for innings @ this point.

Zapata was the only pitcher who made the trip to Florida last week who did not pitch, five were left back in Storrs. I agree, we may not see much of Zapata this season. He did not pitch well over the summer, when he had an ERA of over 5. Part of the problem for Zapata is that Penders does not view him as someone who does well in relief. It would seem his chance to pitch would be the midweek games that start up during the western trip. His competition for those starts would be either Feole or Domnarski (whoever is not starting on the weekends), and Sam Nepiarsky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom