UConn @ UCF (Fri. 3/29/19 @ 6p, Sat. 3/30 @ 6p & Sun. 3/31 @ 1p) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn @ UCF (Fri. 3/29/19 @ 6p, Sat. 3/30 @ 6p & Sun. 3/31 @ 1p)

Reaction Score
F369310A-F757-419E-8882-CAE929DDC7A8.jpeg

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wow, mercy rule enacted. Great way to finish the series, guys will have a pleasant flight home.

On another note, are the games at DDP kid-friendly or do they try to engage the younger fans?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Wow, mercy rule enacted. Great way to finish the series, guys will have a pleasant flight home.

On another note, are the games at DDP kid-friendly or do they try to engage the younger fans?

Very kid friendly. There were a lot of little ones when I went to one of the Tulane games last year.

Reaction Score
Would be nice, considering we're going to Tampa for the final four no matter what.

Figured I'd throw this in at the end of the game, since I won't likely be posting next weekend.

So my wife and I have been going to the women’s basketball final four every year since 1996, having missed only two years in that time (1999 and 2006, both years where UConn didn’t make it). In all that time, there were only 4 times where we were at the final four and UConn was not. That is rather amazing to think about.

Going to that first final four in 1996 was a last minute decision/accident that came up while we were at the Big East Tournament at Gampel that year. My wife is always yelling and cheering during games (believe me, she is loud) at that tournament, and while at the time I always seemed to deliver an endless commentary on what was happening during the games to who ever might be listening, including my wife (I’m sure that must be a big surprise to whoever reads my stuff on these threads). The couple in front of us had been listening to us for a couple of days. They eventually turn around, tell us they have tickets to the final four that they are not going to be able to use, and since we were such good fans, would we be interested in taking them? My wife and I were stunned at the offer, but we said yes the next day. It’s amazing how some things get started. We now always buy our tickets when the NCAA sale occurs, and have never done so through UConn.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Wish I could be in Hartford next weekend but I’m taking an anniversary trip to Denver.

Reaction Score

HookC Run-Rule UCF to Take Series, 10-0

Notes
  • The Huskies have won eight of its last nine American Conference series and won five-straight road conference series dating back to 2018.
  • UConn is 13-8 all-time against the Knights. The Huskies have won five of their six series against the Knights.
  • In its first opportunity of the season, the Huskies won a series when dropping the first game. UConn did that on five occasions in 2018.
  • The Huskies recorded a season-high 16 hits in just seven at-bats.
  • The Husky pitching staff recorded its first shutout of the season.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Also, next 5 games are all at home, so UConn won't be getting the RPI bonus for playing on the road.
That’s a good point. We only have one more 200+ RPI game after this swing but there are not a lot of high RPI games (top 50) left on the schedule outside of ECU. I was a little annoyed we’d play a road series against Sam Houston late in the season with a dearth of home games, but that may just be a stroke of RPI genius.

Reaction Score
That’s a good point. We only have one more 200+ RPI game after this swing but there are not a lot of high RPI games (top 50) left on the schedule outside of ECU. I was a little annoyed we’d play a road series against Sam Houston late in the season with a dearth of home games, but that may just be a stroke of RPI genius.

Keep in mind that another reason UConn has such a good RPI is that it has played virtually all its games on the road to this point. Now they start playing a bunch of home games. Because there is a bonus in the RPI to playing on the road, winning the home games won't carry as much of a kick, while losing a home game will carry more of a kick. We'll see what happens, but it wouldn't surprise me that UConn's RPI drops a bit now from its current lofty height as the season progresses. Still, they look to be in very good shape for getting into NCAA tourney action in June.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was away on college tours with my son and wife this past weekend. Planning to be at the Dunk both Friday and Saturday. I'll try and step up the updates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom