Men - UConn @ UC-San Diego Tritons (Saturday 3/19/22 @ 9p EDT, Sunday 3/20/22 @ 5p EDT & Monday 3/21/22 @ 4p EDT). All games on ESPN+/MIXLR | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ UC-San Diego Tritons (Saturday 3/19/22 @ 9p EDT, Sunday 3/20/22 @ 5p EDT & Monday 3/21/22 @ 4p EDT). All games on ESPN+/MIXLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Interesting how things have panned out thus far on the trip. We have found new bullpen depth as it appears Sullivan, Chudoba and Coe have stepped up and Willis is still getting things straightened out. Ian Cooke gave us arguably our best start and now is the mid week guy. Peterson and Gallagher still lead the way and I look forward to Enzo tomorrow.

From a hitting standpoint, Huber has come alive but I think there is another level to his hitting we haven't seen. Casey Dana has been providing power and Stock just ticks along. Simmons has been a pleasant surprise and Morton has found a role. Bush has come along and Donlan has proven to be a more than adequate replacement for Pat Winkel. Bushling has been pretty good and Smith shows signs but needs consistency. I think Fedko gets the run at DH now and Chris Brown still will have a say as Padilla has been OK. I think his homer the other day was fools gold as he hasn't swung well since then and he needs to get back to driving the ball and concentrate on his fielding.

Overall, with all the new faces, I am pleasantly surprised we are currently at 14-3. I still don't think we have hit top gear and that is good. I want that in May and June, not March.

Reaction Score

-> Game Notes
  • With his two-hit day on Sunday, Zach Bushling is riding a 10-game hit streak.
  • The Huskies are tied for the most road wins in the country with 12.
  • Brendan O'Donnell secured his first career save by getting the final out of the ballgame.
  • Erik Stock leads the Huskies with 11 multi-hit games <-

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I'm hoping to get to the ballpark by noon to catch the end of BP. Will set up (hopefully) behind UConn dugout, blue UCONN shirt and cap with new Husky logo. Will have another UConn'er (we're '85) with me. Come out and support the boys, sweep the Tritons and head home from the left coast in style. Ill have some cold ones in the car for post-game. Gonna try to open up my DM's, or post up here, or find me at the game!

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, three Triton singles to lead off the inning load up the bases with no outs. A ground out brings in a run. 1-0 Tritons. A squeeze bunt brings in another run in exchange for an out, 2-0. A 2 out RBI single makes it 3-0 going to the top of the 3rd.

Reaction Score
Top 3rd, Morton leads off with a double. A one out RBI ground out for Stock makes the score 3-1 Tritons.

Reaction Score
Hey @dvegas - can your give them directions to the Cove and have them toss these bats in the Pacific. Looks like they are all used up and they will need a new set when they get back to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Bottom 3rd, Stefanoni gives up a 2 out solo homer to make it 4-1 Tritons. Stefanoni at 49 pitches at the end of the inning.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Foul ball has been secured for signatures later. No In-and-Out within 5 miles of the stadium though...

Reaction Score
This game was looking fairly dreadful for UConn before this 5th inning, but that has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom