UConn TV Question for the Cord Cutters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn TV Question for the Cord Cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think they are very worthwhile you just have to know which add ons to download and not to expect to have every movie that's in theatre or live sports/ppv in HD. If your expectations are realistic it's worth every penny.

I can more or less literally watch any show or movie that's ever been released to DVD in HD quality (if it exists). I can watch just about any live sporting event or ppv if I feel like dealing with the subpar quality and buffering every so often.

I wouldn't buy a fire stick though. I use the matricom g box
Whats a Gbox?

Reaction Score
Speaking of cable...I recently moved and my only options are Frontier or Charter. I have Frontier now but it's been a miserable experience, so I'm debating on going to Charter. Anyone have any experience with them?

Reaction Score
Speaking of cable...I recently moved and my only options are Frontier or Charter. I have Frontier now but it's been a miserable experience, so I'm debating on going to Charter. Anyone have any experience with them?
We went from Charter, which was bad, even on internet, to Fronteer which got much worse after they bought it from AT&T. We recently switched back to Charter for their faster internet and phone.

Our problems with Frontier were due to weak signals, internet and old/bad equipment. One of the many techs that worked on our issues, told us that AT&T had run the equipment into the ground before selling the system....and that all replacement components were refurbished. we finally gave up on them....

Our internet is faster now, we'll see how TV goes when we hook back up in November.

It may be like the choice between HIllary and Trump....pick the one that doesn't make you vom...then hold your nose when you commit.

Reaction Score
Thanks. My issue with Frontier is way to long to go into details, but it involves billing, slow internet, it freezes all of the time, etc. Charter will at least give us the channels we want without paying $9.99 per channel more to get something that's not in our package (CBS Sports is only offered in Frontiers most expensive plan, but with charter it's part of their silver package). So pricing is better with charter, plus net is much faster. I do lose NBAtv though with Charter as it's not an option in any plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom