UConn trio highlights Midseason Wooden list | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn trio highlights Midseason Wooden list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This list is emblematic of what depresses me about WCBB sometimes. You would never see a list like this in MCBB. Same thing with the quality of what comes out of announcers and analysts mouths. So much higher quality in MCBB.

As I think about a bit more, the list isn't THAT bad. But the general problem is there. The media covering WCBB just doesn't know the teams and players nearly as well as those covering MCBB. I know it can't be as good because lower ratings means all these folks are paid a lot less than their MCBB counterparts. Lower $$ means less knowledgeable. Still, I find it a bid depressing at times.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This list is emblematic of what depresses me about WCBB sometimes. You would never see a list like this in MCBB. Same thing with the quality of what comes out of announcers and analysts mouths. So much higher quality in MCBB.

As I think about a bit more, the list isn't THAT bad. But the general problem is there. The media covering WCBB just doesn't know the teams and players nearly as well as those covering MCBB. I know it can't be as good because lower ratings means all these folks are paid a lot less than their MCBB counterparts. Lower $$ means less knowledgeable. Still, I find it a bid depressing at times.
I actually disagree completely - the same issues play out in all sports: there is a reputation inertia that exists where people remember last year or the last three years and don't register what is actually happening right now when it gets down to voting on anything whether players or team rankings. Why do you thing college programs have PR departments devoting incredible resources to Heisman Trophy publicity for their star QB or running back - to create new buzz for a player. And the amount of drivel that comes out of sports commentators is terrible and mostly about men's sports. I cannot listen to some men's commentators they irritate me just as much as the women, and sometimes more - 'diaper dandies' drives me from a room! The same controversies exist about AA teams and who gets included and excluded from the tournaments. And when someone from outside actual stands up and says 'the emperor has no cloths' everybody bands together to shout them down.

Reaction Score
and 15 others before Turner starting with Gabby.
From everything I've heard and from what little I've seen it does seem like it's Plum's to lose right now. Frankly, this year I'll settle for 3 AA's :) But if we run the table I want POY too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom