UCONN TO THE ACC (extremely misleading) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UCONN TO THE ACC (extremely misleading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Instant Classic.

File "at the car wash" into boneyard lore.

How long until some knuckleheads from the Mountain State start tweeting about what they learned from their ACC contacts at the car wash?

My sources are telling me UConn is a lock for number 16 as of July 1... and they're waxing my undercarriage...

Reaction Score
Great thread LOL. One significant change, however, is that god awful corrupt stinking ugly gnome, Donna Shalala, has left Miami to order to run the corrupt Clinton Foundation. She was one of the most vocal blockers of UConn to the ACC.

Reaction Score
If this happens this year (so we have 9+ months left) Athlete94 needs to disappear a la MakersMuppet and he will live in Boneyard lore forever.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hey guys rich people need their cars washed too... I just didn't know they struck up conversations with strangers about conference realignment before they drive away. But hey any things possible right... I'm sorry but I must beileve

Reaction Score
To the OP: Go to the Clemson Car Wash Saturday and ask about UConn/ACC.

Let us know if you can get this response:

951784.jpg

Reaction Score
Bravo by everyone....bravo. This is seriously the funniest thread i've ever seen on the BY.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wow, these replies are funny... Would it help if I said it was Kevin Bacon?
So about 3-4 years ago, a Rutgers poster claimed that he had a connection to a PSU board member. The board member told him that Rutgers was in talks with the B1G for an invite. This board (myself included) had a great time making fun of him and his claim. There was a really funny thread about it. And then in the fall of 2012, the message board rumor was proven to be true. So while we joke (thanks for being a good sport), keep in mind that in a few months you will have the last laugh. :D

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Don't laugh when I worked I was constantly amazed at the info
maitanence people had. They got around and keep their ears open.
They established better relationship with people in key positions than direct reports
Especially since they were in a position to provide needed service.
So just because the guy works in a car wash as a BB fan he might have a good relationship with someone in the know who also loves BB.
Plus that guy wants a good job done on his car. He also feels pretty secure with giving this guy info.
I have worked in health care for (gulp) almost 25 years. The best connected people in every facility have always been the smokers.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Over the weekend, I ran into a local NC man at a carwash. I've seen him there before and he's said the same thing to me. I was wearing a uconn pullover, and he said UCONN huh? I said yes sir!! He was wearing a Wake Forest pullover. He said again, he knows a prominent donor on the board of trustees at Wake, and UCONN is wanted in the ACC, and the announcment could come some point this year. I said, yeah right, he said no really. There are a lot of schools that want UCONN and that the ones that have been blocking them will not be able to this time. I don't care where we go, as long as its out of this conference.
***Artistic Rendering***
UConnACC.jpg

Reaction Score
If this is true, instead of a Jordan-type statue in front of the new Hartford arena, we should have this.

speeder2.jpg

Reaction Score
Thats interesting I would think Clemson and FSU would want us the least right there with BC. They get enough slack in college football because they play in a bad football conference and UConn certainly wouldn't help
I have worked in health care for (gulp) almost 25 years. The best connected people in every facility have always been the smokers.
An eclectic lot , who share a common shame, having available time to to converse in an area where they can be candid. The perfect storm.

Reaction Score
tumblr_lzac28CcLD1qdedm3o1_500.jpg
Guys I might have to change my opinion of what happened at that carwash. You won't believe what happen to me. I decided I would give this carwash thing a try. So I go to a new carwash in my neighborhood and low and behold I come across this dog. So I take a picture. Unbelievable, this dog is washing cars. So I pull up. This dog is washing my car. When I roll down my window to give it a tip. The dog says "do you want to know the secret recipe for Bushes Bake Beans?". I'm like damn, I've been trying to get this recipe for decades. I'm thinking hell I can pass it onto Dooley he'll be the only one at the football games so he won't have to worry about eating beans in public. So I start recording the recipe and when I go to upload I get this error message. When I turn around to fix it he's gone and so is the video. But I did get the picture!

Reaction Score
This is so sad, this is a running joke by any acc team, "Hey, if you ever see a Uconn fan, tell him that you have inside info about a future invite to the ACC, then run to the
Boneyard and they'll have a 5 page thread up in minutes".

Give it up, we'll know about alignment, when ESPN scrolls it on the ticker on the bottom of the screen.

Reaction Score
Honestly, this is the kind of thing that should result in a ban. It's a misleading, attention-grabbing thread clearly designed to trick people into thinking that there is real conference realignment news, when in fact it's some probably made-up story about a conversation at a car wash.

Speaking of second-hand information, a friend of mine is a cop at UConn, and he asked Herbst about UConn changing leagues during an open forum at the UConn PD (said "a friend was wondering"). She said "your friend should settle in."
This is almost as bad as yahoo news headline "Dayton upsets Kentucky":rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I believe it was just those, obviously FSU and Clemson have serious swinging power
It was FSU that led the charge against UConn when they picked Louisville. BC and Miami were also strongly against UConn and probably always will be. Clemson swings with FSU.

Reaction Score
Was this information in lieu of a tip? Are you going to receive total consciousness upon your death too?

Reaction Score
I'd rather be part of the Big 10. More money over all. If the Big 12 really (10) miss out on BCS again or cant get a championship game approved with 10 teams. They are already have targets from ACC (FL State, Clemson, UNC and Virgina. From AAC the rumor is South FL, Memphis or Cincy if cant get ACC to move teams. BYU has also been mentioned. Face it, its about football not basketball!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom