UConn to the AAC ! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn to the AAC !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I meant the use of "The American" instead of AAC. Who cares if its a little confusing with the ACC, that helps us more than it hurts us.

The confusion will only hurt the branding efforts.

We need to be as far away from the ACC as possible.

Reaction Score
The confusion will only hurt the branding efforts.

We need to be as far away from the ACC as possible.

That doesn't change the fact that a name with an adjective and no noun just sounds stupid.

Reaction Score
That doesn't change the fact that a name with an adjective and no noun just sounds stupid.

If someone asks what is "The American" and I said it was a college football conference that would make it a noun, yes?

I can't help but laugh as I write this response. People will go to great lengths to find a reason to be unhappy about something.

Reaction Score
I was hoping they would pick AAC. Seemed like the best fit as the conference is spread out geographically. Now that they have a cool name hopefully they can come up with a very cool logo. I wouldn't worry about them being confused with the ACC. The ACC will go the way of the Big East and be non existent in 5-10 years as the big fish gobble up any football school that can actually compete.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I meant the use of "The American" instead of AAC. Who cares if its a little confusing with the ACC, that helps us more than it hurts us.

No, you don't pronounce the letters of the acronym, you pronounce it as a word. Sounds like aack! I hope Bill the Cat is featured in the conference branding.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No, you don't pronounce the letters of the acronym, you pronounce it as a word. Sounds like aack! I hope Bill the Cat is featured in the conference branding.

Exactly! Usage: We're in that conference? AAAAAK!

The good news is that AAC comes first alphabetically in conference listings. I'm sure that's not an accident.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
My advice - SU should rent a Final Four banner.

You don't want to have a lot of money sunk into something you'll be giving back.

I expected to either like or hate the name - but this is almost so bland that I can't work up a feeling either way.

Rather like the cheese...

Reaction Score
I already call the ACC the Ackkkk! So, now it's a matter of pronunciation, like Chinese. Instead of Ackkkk! it is Aackkkk! In Chinese, this is the difference between saying, "With Milk" and "Big heaving breasts."

If I knew it was going to be so generic, I would have recommended "National Conference"

Reaction Score
A somewhat more fancy version of "C-USA". I was hoping we can play hockey in the Hockey East for a while at least a little more peacefully.

Reaction Score
Let's hear it for your American Athletic Conference champion UConn Huskies!

Let's hear it for the AAC champion UCONN Huskies!

And now the starting lineup for your AAC champion Connecticut Huskies!!

Works for me.

Reaction Score

Let's be the first to sell our naming rights to a corporation!

"Let's hear it for your Fed Ex Conference champions, the UConn Huskies, presented by Dunkin' Donuts!"

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score

Did you also have a problem with Big East {adjectives}? It was commonly referred to as the Big East {noun}.

Reaction Score
Did you also have a problem with Big East {adjectives}? It was commonly referred to as the Big East {noun}.

Look up the word east in the dictionary. You'll find its a noun as well as an adjective. In fact the way that its used in Big East, its a noun. GREATTTT try though.

Reaction Score
If someone asks what is "The American" and I said it was a college football conference that would make it a noun, yes?

I can't help but laugh as I write this response. People will go to great lengths to find a reason to be unhappy about something.

The Big. Does that sound silly? Because that's the exact same thing that you seem to think is being used as a noun. The big what? 12, 10, east... Yes American is a noun, when referring to a PERSON, but when referring to a region it is not.

Like I said, I'm fine with the name, just not the shortened version.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
AAC is awfully close to MAAC. I pray that's in name only but time will tell.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sounds like it was chosen by a committee full of unimaginative suits. Oh... right.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
By the way, maybe we should use American Athletic Association--AAA. That would really put us on top, but would likely get us sued.

Actually, based on the other schools in the conference, I'd rather be AA (Athletes Anonymous).

Reaction Score
Actually, based on the other schools in the conference, I'd rather be AA (Athletes Anonymous).
I wouldn't be too worried about the other schools in this league. UConn needs to do some winning of it's own first. Some of you guys in here seem to think UConn football somehow deserves to be in a better place than it is and you keep forgetting that UConn football has no history in D-1 yet, no legacy to speak of, no NFL All Pro alum, no Hall of Famers. UConn football is where it is because it's new to the D-1 scene and hasn't proved anything to anybody yet so I suggest some of you in here get over yourselves and try to make the best of it.

Reaction Score
How does Rodney Purvis to UConn relate to cr. The conspiracy buffs would say he was told UConn will be in another league when he becomes eligible.

In all seriousness, I think this is UConn's best get since Chris Smith. He is the first big time player to say "I know UConn is in the AAC, but I can get to the NBA by this route (tradition, Ollie and competitive basketball competition).

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be too worried about the other schools in this league. UConn needs to do some winning of it's own first. Some of you guys in here seem to think UConn football somehow deserves to be in a better place than it is and you keep forgetting that UConn football has no history in D-1 yet, no legacy to speak of, no NFL All Pro alum, no Hall of Famers. UConn football is where it is because it's new to the D-1 scene and hasn't proved anything to anybody yet so I suggest some of you in here get over yourselves and try to make the best of it.
I totally agree with this. Fortunately it is just a bunch of overzealous fans and not our teams thinking this way( I would hope). There is work to be done on the field and on the court and perceptions can change awfully fast. I am confident we are good, but there is no need to be so arrogant. Some of the newcomers have done very well. Houston is only one year removed from a year they nearly went undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom