UConn to start a series with Seton Hall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn to start a series with Seton Hall

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Does UConn really need to play Seton Hall? Seems we could find a more interesting and challenging opponent.

No, I agree we don't. But maybe, as someone else suggested, we give our team a short travel break. I didn't think about that. The curse of the AAC for UConn is almost everyone is a big plane ride away. "We gottah do this slep to kick their butts for the Xth time." I'm sure it wears. Where or where is the old Big East.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Another team from the Big East.

How many teams do that make, for the OOC schedule?

Reaction Score
No, I agree we don't. But maybe, as someone else suggested, we give our team a short travel break. I didn't think about that. The curse of the AAC for UConn is almost everyone is a big plane ride away. "We gottah do this slep to kick their butts for the Xth time." I'm sure it wears. Where or where is the old Big East.
Sometimes it's not always about Uconn (wow I can't believe I just said that :D).
There are a lot of programs out there that are willing to play and learn against the best;);) .
Maybe Geno feels they fit in that category

Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn WBB played a regular season non conference away game against a NY metro area team?

Reaction Score
I agree that the proximity of Seton Hall is a factor in the Huskies signing to play them in a home and home series. However, I like the idea of playing an old Big East rival than a home and home against Nebraska. I applaud Geno for rewarding Nebraska for the reception the Huskies received during the tournament but playing Seton Hall is a more interesting matchup from both a historical and regional context.

Reaction Score

Not sure it's such a travel break. They would have to bus to northern NJ, which would be about three hours. For other schools, it's straight to the airport for a charter flight, an hour or so, and then touch down. I'm guessing it's as tiring to take two long bus rides.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not sure it's such a travel break. They would have to bus to northern NJ, which would be about three hours. For other schools, it's straight to the airport for a charter flight, an hour or so, and then touch down. I'm guessing it's as tiring to take two long bus rides.

I didn't know the SST was still in service! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom