UConn to play in 2012 Carrier Classic | The Boneyard

UConn to play in 2012 Carrier Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1996/97....the game without Ricky Moore and Kirk King....that was a VERY loud HCC....KU was ranked #1....they wore us out down the stretch. CBS advertised KU as "the untouchables"....

Reaction Score
Would love to see KU here. Florida and Illinois are meh, Arizona is nice, though we've played them more recently. Also, the crowd advantage if Zona were there would be enormous.

Reaction Score
Why am I not surprised to see dook absent from that list of potentials. They want nothing to do with us

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm a big fan of this. i could care less its in SD or its on a boat. this game no matter who we play will give us another quality ooc game. add that to w/e preseason tny we play and the sch next year will be looking good. we lack this extra game this year. tenn sucking donkey balz doesn't help...hope we get fsu and utah at some point in atlantis just from a sch ooc standpoint.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
oh and as soon as Zona finds out that we signed up to fly cross country to play there, they will ink it and pack it with zona ppl. no doubt. texas doesn't want any part of us anymore. kansas is a lost child at this point-slowly turning into indy. fl won't happen becuase we will get them in the sec vs be matchup sooner than later and ill is just a okquality bcs type game. doesn't bother us but it sucks to fly out there to whop there . no easy games there but i predict zona!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
^not really. road/N games are what gives us the great rpi and the BE the "strenght/#1tag".
wsu/uk/michst in maui, @tex -last year for example

Reaction Score
I was at that ga
1996/97....the game without Ricky Moore and Kirk King....that was a VERY loud HCC....KU was ranked #1....they wore us out down the stretch. CBS advertised KU as "the untouchables"....
I was at that game and Uconn almost pulled it off. Don't remember the HCC so loud.

Reaction Score
this thing is a really cool deal.

does anyone have any details ?? is it outdoors ?? (that would be weird, but maybe cool) or is it covered somehow ?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind any of those teams. Great scheduling news. However after the past few years with Maui, Atlantis, and now San Diego (all far off venues with smaller gyms) it would be nice to schedule a solid OOC game in TD Garden or MSG soon.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind any of those teams. Great scheduling news. However after the past few years with Maui, Atlantis, and now San Diego (all far off venues with smaller gyms) it would be nice to schedule a solid OOC game in TD Garden or MSG soon.
I know its good when uconn is in the tournaments that are played at msg. That was a pretty good atmosphere when we played duke the year before last but uconn fizzled out in the second half and the duke fans took over. I hope we play in the coaches vs cancer classic again soon. And i dont think uconn has ever played in the jimmy v. Those are always good games.

Reaction Score
Ok, So im Stationed at Naval Station North Island(NASNI). They are only Giving not selling tickets to about 400 active duty members. All the other tickets are going to the higher up Military people, wounded warriors and big time school doners. MJ and Magic are the honorary Capatains for this years game since its North Carolina and Michigan St. The security is going to be Really tight and if your lucky Enough to get a ticket your name will be on it and you will have to show ID probably more than once and it has to match perfectly or you dont get in. You have to think the Security is going to be tight since you will be boarding a Naval Vessel. I hate to burst anyones bubble but these tickets arent going to be sold on stub hub or any kind of website. It is going to be a really tough ticket and a once and a lifetime opportunity. The game is going to be held on the Flight Deck unless it rains and then it will be in the Hanger. Ive been trying to get tickets for this years game and am gonna try even harder now that the huskies are coming out here in 2012.

Reaction Score
UNC & Mich. play this year. Hopefully all the "bugs" playing on an aircraft carrier will be worked out in this game.
Perhaps the San Diego State fans can attend to root us on. Remember their fans?

Reaction Score
UNC & Mich. play this year. Hopefully all the "bugs" playing on an aircraft carrier will be worked out in this game.
Perhaps the San Diego State fans can attend to root us on. Remember their fans?

I don't think this location has the right amount of altitude to interest them..

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I want to play either Kansas or Florida, as I don't think we've played either of those two teams since I've started watching basketball. Not Arizona, because, god forbid we lose, we will NEVER hear the end of people on the west coast waving it in our faces and screaming some bs about the east coast bias. It won't even just be Arizona fans; it will be from fans of every team west of Texas.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I want to play either Kansas or Florida, as I don't think we've played either of those two teams since I've started watching basketball. Not Arizona, because, god forbid we lose, we will NEVER hear the end of people on the west coast waving it in our faces and screaming some bs about the east coast bias. It won't even just be Arizona fans; it will be from fans of every team west of Texas.

It's funny you say that, because before our Elite 8 game last year I went to their board and there was a ton of posts about "East Coast Bias". While I'm aware of it, I never really notice it because it's how I grew up. Didn't realize it caused such a complex for all the West Coasters haha.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It's funny you say that, because before our Elite 8 game last year I went to their board and there was a ton of posts about "East Coast Bias". While I'm aware of it, I never really notice it because it's how I grew up. Didn't realize it caused such a complex for all the West Coasters haha.

Having grown up in the Midwest, I can vouch for for the presence of resentment toward northeast pro teams. Think of how the Yankees are perceived, with their payroll being many times that of smaller market teams. I lived in KC when the Yankees beat them 3 years in a row in the playoffs and later I was in St. Louis (Whitey Herzog teams) when the Mets were routinely referred to as the "hated Mets" during the Doc Gooden years (although St. Louis got the better of the Mets in general during those years). The Red Sox have moved into that category when they started to try to compete with the spending of the Yankees.

Reaction Score
Yes! Was hoping we'd get to play in this. Im in LA so I'll just cruise down for the game.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Love that they're playing in this and really excited to see it. Heck I'm excited to see this years game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom