UConn to new Big East? What happens to Husky football? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn to new Big East? What happens to Husky football?

Reaction Score
A couple of things. Remember when Louisville announced their move, they had already filed their intent to leave the AAC; even before they knew where they'd end up. That notification helped reduce their timeline and buyout to the conference.
Secondly, if UConn followed a similar path it could explain lack of tier 3 rights from the new TV deal. UConn was probably the only AAC school looking hard at retaining 3rd tier rights.

Still committed to that lie, huh?

Reaction Score
If UConn were to be independent, would be curious to know how they would handle the items below BYU values ESPN & it sounds like they'll tie in with ESPN to help them with potential bowl placement

Reaction Score
Villanova, Georgetown, Providence, St. John’s, Seton Hall, DePaul, Marquette, Butler, Xavier and Creighton.

This is NOT the old Big East. More regional rivals, yes. Nostalgia of facing old rivals, yes. Will it get the basketball program back to where it was? Maybe. But worth dumping the FB program and the AAC for? Nope.

Not happy today.

Reaction Score
CUSA or MAC makes no sense. ESPN+ is a huge broadcaster for both of those conferences. You would think the school would take that into consideration if that was an issue with the new AAC deal.

It has to be independent with some sort of arrangement with FOX. But like others have said, where is New Mexico St at Uconn being shown?? Best case scenario is FS2 or Fox sports go streaming.

What a disaster,

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
There are a few problems with going independent. The biggest is scheduling. If we were ND or BYU it wouldn't be a problem, but nine years of losing seasons makes us about as attractive as New Mexico St. or UTEP.

With no conference tie ins, we get no bowl games...ever, unless we miraculously become BYU or ND.

No bowl games means no bowl money and exposure, and no conference means no shared bowl revenue from the conference.

Also, if we start having to play a strange schedule with teams like Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Monroe, and Middle Tennessee State on our home schedule, who's going to attend the games?
Who's attending now?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The only way this could work out well is if our football team remains in the AAC. And based on early reports, it doesn't seem likely. I'll try to hold on to optimism until I hear the full plan, but good God...

Reaction Score
Shouldn't you be continuing your victory lap on the Men's BBall board, instead of wasting your time here?
I supported the football team. I even went to our first bowl game in Detroit against Toledo. Problem is the football program is the worst in FBS and there is no hope in the near future. It is sad to see as I wished both the football and basketball were sitting in the acc were they belonged. Unfortunately donut eating warde was totally lost and only observing and not doing at that time.

Reaction Score
The only way this could work out well is if our football team remains in the AAC. And based on early reports, it doesn't seem likely. I'll try to hold on to optimism until I hear the full plan, but good God...

Just from seeing some of the posts on the AAC boards the other team's fan bases can't get us out fast enough.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just from seeing some of the posts on the AAC boards the other team's fan bases can't get us out fast enough.
But that has to be something you cannot care about one iota. Its 100% irrelevant.

Reaction Score

F them

We held them to a standard when the BE Football broke up … and a lot of what they have today is from leveraging that platform - as meager as it was. This is just the start of something.

Reaction Score
I supported the football team. I even went to our first bowl game in Detroit against Toledo. Problem is the football program is the worst in FBS and there is no hope in the near future. It is sad to see as I wished both the football and basketball were sitting in the acc were they belonged. Unfortunately donut eating warde was totally lost and only observing and not doing at that time.

Yeah I read that post on the Men's BBall page. Yet you were still doing a victory lap. Why did you stop?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom