UConn to new Big East? What happens to Husky football? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn to new Big East? What happens to Husky football?

Reaction Score

Trouble in paradise.

Edsall was brought back, his methodical approach to program building got old really fast, and made this move that much easier. Trotting out the worst team in the entire FBS makes this move much easier.

It all makes sense. I really dislike Herbst and company our athletics have had one botched move after another on their watch.

Reaction Score
Have you read any of the national media reports or message boards? People think this is a huge home run for UConn. Rightly or wrongly, national perception is that UConn is making the right move.

I have and while the national media may think this is a home run, everyone else is mocking and ridiculing us for quitting and giving up. I didn't see that last part in your post.

Reaction Score
Have you read any of the national media reports or message boards? People think this is a huge home run for UConn. Rightly or wrongly, national perception is that UConn is making the right move.
A lot of people don't think we should be playing football. When The Rent was packed and we were beating the likes of RG3, we were an annoyance to those very same people. Those people never wanted us here in the 1st place. When we were beating Syracuse like a drum, those people hated us. Syracuse wised up like BC and decided they don't want to be on equal ground with us in football.

Reaction Score
Also, RE can F off with all the sympathy being thrown his way by the likes of Dan O.

The Mount Rushmore of UConn failure is Hathaway's incompetence, Warde's donuts, Suzie Lax Cluelessness and Randy's Dream Job.
Not disagreeing but Mediocre Randy leaving should not have been the death knell it became. It was so because if the people you mentioned.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I have and while the national media may think this is a home run, everyone else is mocking and ridiculing us for quitting and giving up. I didn't see that last part in your post.

Who is everyone else? Besides the 15 or so fans on this website.

People are making fun of UConn football because we've been an abject failure for the better part of a decade, not because the school is trying to save at least it's main program in hoops.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not disagreeing but Mediocre Randy leaving should not have been the death knell it became. It was so because if the people you mentioned.

Agree. A coach leaving shouldn't crater a program. I think it's fair to say Randy did a fantastic job here V1, but he's also a mediocre coach overall. Not sure those points align, but it's always felt the case to me.

Reaction Score
Who is everyone else? Besides the 15 or so fans on this website.

People are making fun of UConn football because we've been an abject failure for the better part of a decade, not because the school is trying to save at least it's main program in hoops.

Are you serious with the bolded?

Your second part is completely 100% wrong. People are mocking us for giving up and quitting. Nothing more complicated than that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Are you serious with the bolded?

Your second part is completely 100% wrong. People are mocking us for giving up and quitting. Nothing more complicated than that.

At least @huskymedic could substantiate it with a link to USA Today.

People are mocking football because we've sucked. The move hurts football, but what's the difference given our trajectory seems to be the national sentiment along with excitement over us returning to the Big East.

It was the most trending topic in the US yesterday on Twitter and the majority reaction was very positive.

Reaction Score
At least @huskymedic could substantiate it with a link to USA Today.

People are mocking football because we've sucked. The move hurts football, but what's the difference given our trajectory seems to be the national sentiment along with excitement over us returning to the Big East.

It was the most trending topic in the US yesterday on Twitter and the majority reaction was very positive.

I could've easily linked to that article as well. What would that have proved?

As to your second point. People were mocking football because we sucked, but not anymore. Now they'll mock us because we quit and gave up.

Your 3rd point is so comically wrong, I won't even bother to counter it.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don’t see how going from Navy, Houston, and UCF to an independent, MAC-type schedule is a step forward. Football drives the bus. That’s where 80%-85% of the money and public attention is. And we’re downgrading football.

The AAC is on a trajectory to become a P-6 conference. We’re jumping off just as the momentum is building.

Reaction Score
I have this conspiracy theory in my head that this is really the ultimate university revenge plot for Randy Edsall...
No, we want you to come back. We NEED you to get us back to where we were. No hard feelings about that totally douchey way you just quit the day after that humiliating loss in the Fiesta Bowl...

Yeah, Randy, about that football job? We’re going to drop down to 1A. Or cancel it altogether. Sorry you had to hear about that from some internet leak... why would you think it was payback for 2011???

Reaction Score
The AAC is on a trajectory to become a P-6 conference. We’re jumping off just as the momentum is building.

Especially if the playoffs expand which would in theory increase the odds that an AAC school could earn a spot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hold on, something happened after that Fiesta Bowl game involving Randy Edsall, right? We’re supposed to feel bad for Edsall specifically here?
Isn't that the game where we were being coached by a Maryland man?

Reaction Score
$10mm exit fee to leave the AAC!!! This misfit toys conference. Unreal! That fee probably only makes sense to those who actually believed in the P6 nonsense.

... and there's an entry fee to the Big East (and only partial share revenue there for 5-6 years).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This has no bearing on future P5 opportunities. Either our FB/Revenue/Media/AD/academic program makes the cut or it doesn't.

Playing an improvised FB isn't materially different than an AAC schedule unless we are winning the league.

Reaction Score
Also, RE can F off with all the sympathy being thrown his way by the likes of Dan O.

The Mount Rushmore of UConn failure is Hathaway's incompetence, Warde's donuts, Suzie Lax Cluelessness and Randy's Dream Job.

Yeah I have zero sympathy for Edsall here. I am not as hard on him as others, but him leaving destroyed what was built here. He should be apologizing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom