UConn to be honored by Red Sox and Yankees | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn to be honored by Red Sox and Yankees

Reaction Score
That was a damn good first pitch throw by DC. There have been plenty of athletes from other sports who looked so uncoordinated and whose pitches have been abysmal. DC looked pretty natural throwing the ball.
He played baseball in high school so it's not surprising. I wonder if he was a pitcher. He was 6-8 as a freshman so I bet he was.

Clingan, who played freshman and JV baseball in high school, got halfway up the mound and did throw a strike.

Reaction Score
too bad he wasn't in the booth with Kay and O'Neill when Nowell announced his commitment. Inning ended like 5 minutes earlier

Reaction Score
between coach & clingan, no embarrassing pitches

Reaction Score
The stint by Dan on YES with O’Neil and Kay was very funny. Dan was self deprecating and Kay threw the NBA question at him and he said he has more to get done and he has to learn more and calm down with officials to consider it but it’s not a thing now. Talked about playing hard nosed hoops in the driveway with his father and brother. Everyone loves Danny now in off no stress season championship mode. He’s having a helluva fun summer isn’t he?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

So is he really a Royals fan or just a George Brett fan? Assumed he was a Yankee fan. George Brett is probably my all-time favorite player along with Fred Lynn.

Reaction Score
So is he really a Royals fan or just a George Brett fan? Assumed he was a Yankee fan. George Brett is probably my all-time favorite player along with Fred Lynn.

From linked article a few post back (#53):

-> Dan Hurley, 10 years old, was watching the game on WPIX-TV in his Jersey City household of Yankees fans, and the next day he was in his backyard playing Wiffle ball, imitating Brett, a faux chaw of tobacco, bent at the waist as he unfurled a level swing, letting go of the bat.

A Royals fan, a George Brett fan – and a kindred spirit – for life. If Brett’s reaction is a 10, Hurley, who coached the UConn men to the national championship, could score at least an 8 over a no-charge call in a 20-point blowout. <-

Reaction Score
George Brett is a national treasure. Would love to see him at some Husky games.
George did mention in Dom's post that he planned to be at the Kansas game on December 1st, 2023.

Reaction Score
George Brett is his sports idol and he's a Royals fan.

Reaction Score
Surprised that the Red Sox wouldn't want to honor BC hoops for ..........umm........well........

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He said in the interview he was a Royals fan. His dad and brother were Yankee fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom