UConn to be honored by Red Sox and Yankees | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn to be honored by Red Sox and Yankees

Reaction Score
NESN not yet showing the first pitch on their broadcast (even with a rain delay) nor on their social media (nor other media members).
Sheesh.

Reaction Score
NESN not yet showing the first pitch on their broadcast (even with a rain delay) nor on their social media (nor other media members).
Sheesh.
You can see the angle facing them on the Red Sox instagram stories

Reaction Score
NESN does not televise anything regarding Connecticut unless they have to. They are a Boston-centric station despite their name, sadly

Reaction Score
NESN does not televise anything regarding Connecticut unless they have to. They are a Boston-centric station despite their name, sadly
What exactly from Connecticut would you like them to televise? Quinnipiac and UConn hockey games? I believe they do show Hockey East games. What else?

Reaction Score
What exactly from Connecticut would you like them to televise? Quinnipiac and UConn hockey games? I believe they do show Hockey East games. What else?
The rate they televise non boston hockey east games seems to be very slow based on my unscientific analysis.

Reaction Score
I tuned into the MLB Network and didn't see the first pitch. Maybe it was the same feed or maybe I just missed it.

Reaction Score

Assisted access <

-> “We’ve moved on, it’s a new team,” Clingan said. “You have to find what’s going to work and what’s not. Just work together to get better every day. We’ve got a great group of freshman. This is where we bond, where we form chemistry.”

Since beating San Diego State to win the national championship in April, the Huskies have been to Citi Field and now Fenway Park. Coach Dan Hurley will complete the baseball portion of the tour at Yankee Stadium on Sunday. Hawkins, a Maryland native, delivered a pitch at Camden Yards. They’ve been to the White House, rang the bell on Wall Street and Hurley received the key to his hometown, Jersey City.

“There’s a lot of people here,” Newton said. “This is something I never thought I’d do. The White House was a great experience, but throwing out the first pitch at Fenway Park is something I never thought I’d do.”

Though many like to think of UConn as “New York’s team,” because of the Huskies affinity for Madison Square Garden, they are, geographically, a New England team and were were welcomed warmly in Boston, first with a team dinner at a high-end steak house a mile from the park, and then as they gathered behind home plate.<-

Reaction Score

Look at little Micah! His brother is forever known as the tournament baby, but there’s perks to being the big brother.

I love how the freshmen class, when they were recruited and committed, talked a lot about bringing UConn “back” and then the team went out and won a whole championship before they even arrived. Nice that they can be involved in this stuff, though, keeps them seeing what can be achieved.

Reaction Score
They show Hockey East games, but not much UConn. Here are the total number of times each team appeared in last year's regular season men's HE games televised on NESN/NESN+. Does not include out-of-conference, Beanpot, HE tourney (Source: 2022-2023 HE Composite Schedule).

UMass 11
BC 10
Lowell, Northeastern, UNH 7
BU 5
PC, UConn 4
Maine, Merrimack, UVM 3

Reaction Score
To be fair UConn does a pretty good job of ignoring Boston even though it's only an 85 mile drive to the Garden from Storrs. I have said for years that they should play at least one game a year in Boston. I also think that UConn basketball should play PC in Boston Garden every year or every other year to help maximize our presence there. Play an annual game in Fenway. There are a lot of ways to reach out and not just sports.

Boston is the #5 media metro in the country. Increasing our profile there would make us a more valuable media property. But the school has never made an effort.

Reaction Score
Love the quote and the fact that the new team can experience cool like this. Cam had a huge grin in some of the photos I saw on FB. Too bad that Jordan and Sanogo couldn't experience some of that. At least Andre was able to experience it at Shea.

Personally, I would love being on the field at Fenway. Years ago a buddy and I snuck onto the field when the Sox still played in Winter Haven and that was pretty cool to me.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Quick look. Where was Karaban? Any others missing?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Quick look. Where was Karaban? Any others missing?
Never mind. From Mike Anthony’s article:

Sophomore guard Alex Karaban, the only player missing Friday because he’s attending a camp in St. Louis, threw a pitch before a Worcester Red Sox game in May.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was a damn good first pitch throw by DC. There have been plenty of athletes from other sports who looked so uncoordinated and whose pitches have been abysmal. DC looked pretty natural throwing the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom