Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
big_grin_smiley_face_sticker-p217746367994550126envb3_400.jpg

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
On the one hand , great to hear. However, how did they manage to pick a day I'm in an all-day class? I won't be able to sneak out and see it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for them and congrats. Can't wait to see the pictures. I wonder if anyone will challenge the President to a little one-on-one?!!

Reaction Score
"I’m very excited to meet the president,” UConn sophomore Breanna Stewart said. “This will be the first time that I’ve ever met the president."
Okay, Boneyarders, who's met the President, any US President?

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Some things NEVER get old (unlike me)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I met Obama before he became Pres. He took my card, never called. I'm sure it's in his rolodex.

It will be an amazing experience for all of the players (and coaches), but particularly for those who will be making their first trip to the WH (all except Kelly, Heather and Caroline).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was in the same room as Clinton when he spoke at the Old Executive Office, and saw him and Bush Sr. at the Presidents Cup. Barbara Bush walked right by me--like 3 feet away. But the big thrill was shaking hands with the King (Arnie). :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The U-19 will have finished up and be home?
Suppose so.

Reaction Score
The closest I've come was that my mother, right out of college, was working for the NSA -- er, a department store-- and had to deliver something to the White House, and Harry Truman invited her in to chat.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I just really hope Caroline and Heather can be there.

JS

Reaction Score
Encounters with me seem to have doomed nationally known politicians. They went on to get defeated in presidential elections, or failed to get the nomination, or got elected and then run out of office, or ended up in jail.

Met Dewey as a small child at an awards ceremony. (I was the small child, but come to think of it he was pretty small too.) The thick carpets in his mansion in Albany made me strike sparks when I touched anything. Or maybe it was anti-theft devices.

Nixon walked past me at a Boy Scout national jamboree when he was VP. After Dewey, I thought he'd lose too, but my vibe seems to have worked in other ways as well.

Posed questions to Goldwater when he spoke to a group of us congressional interns. He answered the tricky questions (supplied to me by an AA to my Dem congressman) pretty well. So I said "I guess extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice." He remembered that, and went on from there.

You may consider the bit about extremism as apocryphal, and I won't argue. But speaking of my Dem congressman, after spending two summers with me he went on to get convicted in the Abscam sting operation. It wasn't my doing. At least not directly.

Whereas Nixon had walked past me, I walked past Ted Kennedy at a reception. He was the not-too-well known youngest brother of a rising political star. Nice dark suit with a red carnation in his lapel. No one was talking to him. I didn't either. But true to form (mine) his bid for the nomination was a bridge too far.

Attended a talk by one of his older brothers as well. Not the one who became President. The other one, who didn't. Can't joke about the Curse of JS on that one, whose death cast a pall over my Peace Corps training group.

Anyway, my record is such that I was thinking of signing on to Anthony Weiner's bid for Mayor of NYC. But it seems I must've met him before somewhere. Certainly not online, but the signs of some kind of previous encounter are definitely there.

JS

Reaction Score
my mother, right out of college, was working for the NSA -- and had to deliver something to the White House, and Harry Truman invited her in to chat.
Nowadays, she could just listen in on his chats.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I shook hands with Clinton when I was 8 at a campaign stop at the DFW airport, have met both Bushes (in Dallas, used to play bball against the twins when they were much younger). Also saw Ross Perot at a restaurant here in Dallas as well!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, this is not quite the same as JS's experience, but I met Bob Dole after he lost--chatted him up at the baggage claim at LaGuardia about 10 years ago. He was nice and friendly. He also looked tall, well dressed, and distinguished. We started talking about marathons--it was right after the NYC marathon--and the subject of age came up. He guessed my age at about 15 years younger than actual. I had no idea that his eye sight was failing. :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Met this current president but a few months before he actually became the pres. Oh and had words with the Queen Mother when I was in school in England.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Met this current president but a few months before he actually became the pres. Oh and had words with the Queen Mother when I was in school in England.
You got into an argument with the Queen Mother? How unseemly! :)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Encounters with me seem to have doomed nationally known politicians. They went on to get defeated in presidential elections, or failed to get the nomination, or got elected and then run out of office, or ended up in jail.

Anyway, my record is such that I was thinking of signing on to Anthony Weiner's bid for Mayor of NYC. But it seems I must've met him before somewhere. Certainly not online, but the signs of some kind of previous encounter are definitely there.

In America, anyone can grow up to be President..unless, they've met JS..:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom