UConn - TMU post game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn - TMU post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It used to be. Internal fighting within the ownership group has killed that possibility. Highly doubt it will ever be considered again with the current ownership battles going on. :(
Hopefully another ownership group in the area can put a plan together to get a team in Toronto.

Reaction Score
Ice clearly has the skills to score but she's trying so hard that she's rushing every aspect of her game.........hardly the first freshman to have that issue........it's going to take one or two good games to get her over the hump but I'm confident she'll get there......
I agree but I think it is more than just a hump to get over. She seems slow compared to the other players out there and her timing seems off. She looked the best against Butler when she was rested so I think it is matter of conditioning as well. Not so with Q, who just had adjustment issues of a different kind, more like the typical freshmen ones which Ice has in addition to her injuries.

Q doesn't have a conditioning issue, it is just the defense more than anything but last night you saw an offensive machine. Her confidence and better defense may be the remedy but for Ice we need a lot of playing time, a lot of practices, and then the usual confidence builders and experience. In other words, if it is speed and conditioning, confidence isn't the cure by itself. That's why I think it will be February for her.

For Q, if she works as hard on defense as last night, it is going to come a lot sooner and when it does it adds another dimension to this team. Whereas with Aubrey you have instant chaos off the bench, with Q you may get instant offense. She was pretty spectacular last night and even though it was a very overmatched team, the hoop is still the same size when you shoot. She will get used to the college defenders I am certain. She seems to be very young now but I think she will be very potent soon enough. It's different with Ice. We just need patience. As one poster adroitly pointed out, remember Liyah in the beginning. Look at her now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom