UConn - Time to Get off the Stage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn - Time to Get off the Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Hey Fans, why are you so upset with what a part-time blogger on a non-descript website has to say? Who cares what she thinks or how she feels? On Sunday you'll be going to yet another parade and who doesn't like parades? Your team and your seniors accomplished what no else in the history of WCBB has been able to do and they did it with dignity, style and class, celebrate that. The Romans didn't care what the people of Gaul thought when they were conquering the world. If she's tired of UConn winning, then maybe the team she roots for should get better. I'm not a UConn fan, but I appreciate excellence and I see it every time I watch the Huskies. I was in Columbus for the game against tOSU and we Buckeye fans marveled as we were getting our asses kicked. We applauded at the end because we saw exactly how far our beloved Buckeyes have to go. So enjoy it, as much as you can for as long as you can. Teams will eventually get better and offer a challenge, but not today.

Reaction Score
I was intrigued by this article - intrigued because I wondered how anyone couldn't know that this topic was addressed and discussed on every media outlet in the country over the last 2 weeks. So, I went to the author's website - www.womenshoopsworld.com - and there I discovered why she was unaware.

In her article "Is Geno Auriemma Planning to Retire?", she states "After the press conference, he was cornered by a handful of media. I waked up and squeezed in next to the wall on his right side..."

Perhaps she was asleep a lot the past two weeks. Or, perhaps Sue Favor is a pseudonym for Homer Simpson.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that a random blogger is worthy of multiple posts.

Reaction Score
I've seen whining about the TV ratings being down for the UConn final a couple times now. Do any of these people actually do any research? Are they aware that the most compelling men's final in years had viewership down 37% from last year?

when asked this in the comments section, she gives a dismissive answer, "No idea."

But she gives herself away as practically a "hater" when her retorts to comments criticizing aspects of her post include shots at The Boneyard: "...Something that isn't kissing UConn [] posted on the Boneyard, and a few from there coming here to roll out the same tired [] comments that I already referenced in the original piece." In a later response she makes it clear what she thinks of Boneyard members: "UConn fans post the most vitriolic stuff I've ever seen from fans. Even on a post like this one, which was complimentary of the program and made a point of saying "it's not personal." Sucks to be the Boneyard."

Fear not, she plans to come to the board and explain the facts of life outside the UConn bubble: "When your empire falls - and it eventually will - I will come over to the Boneyard to talk about it with you."

Reaction Score
when asked this in the comments section, she gives a dismissive answer, "No idea."

The "When your empire falls - and it eventually will - I will come over to the Boneyard to talk about it with you."

When and if the UConn empire falls and when and if a new empire arises, I'm sure the vast majority of Bonyarders will appreciate what others have done.....that is as long as they play basketball the right way...............

Reaction Score
Lady Vols went to 8 Straight Final Fours, were they bad for WBB?
Notre Dame went to 5 Straight Final Fours, if they went this year for their 6th. Would they have been bad for WBB?
Lady Vols held the Record for 21 Consecutive Tournament Wins, Were they bad for WBB? Record broken by UConn this year Now 24 Straight.

If Notre Dame, Baylor So Carolina or even Maryland had made it to the Final Four, would the games have been more competitive? I believe so, with Notre Dame having the best chance to knock off UConn. WBB Media/Experts were ecstatic with the early round upsets as it was a sign of parity in the women's game. However they failed to realize that the teams that were upset had the best chance of knocking off UConn. The other team that Might have provided a more competitive game was Stanford. Tara would have come up with a game plan to slow UConn down, but don't think they could have lasted the full 40 minutes.
Tennessee never went to 8 straight FF in the NCAA Tournament

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
when asked [about the drop in viewership of the men's game] in the comments section, she gives a dismissive answer, "No idea."
Then she really hasn't done even a modicum of research because there are a lot of articles about it. And there are articles about the drop in viewership of the women's tourney, too. Last year, UConn and Notre Dame, both "names", were undefeated teams and long time rivals playing for a national championship. This year's opponent, Syracuse, was 6-37 vs the Huskies going into the final with the last win coming 20 years ago, in 1996.

Really, we're giving more attention than is due to a poorly researched and poorly written blog item.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Then she really hasn't done even a modicum of research because there are a lot of articles about it. And there are articles about the drop in viewership of the women's tourney, too. Last year, UConn and Notre Dame, both "names", were undefeated teams and long time rivals playing for a national championship. This year's opponent, Syracuse, was 6-37 vs the Huskies going into the final with the last win coming 20 years ago, in 1996.

Really, we're giving more attention than is due to a poorly researched and poorly written blog item.
And Syracuse is a team with probably the worst home attendance record of any FF team in the history of the NCAA. Maybe a few more Syracuse folks got excited with their run, but when you average under 1000 per home contest ... It is like the MLB or NBA worst nightmare scenario - small market pro teams getting to the finals/world series is a guaranteed disaster in viewership - Yankees/Dodgers great! replace with Milwaukee not so great.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Notre Dame was not undefeated last year at NC time. They lost to UCONN early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom