UConn-Texas Game Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

UConn-Texas Game Thread

Reaction Score
Crystal and Lou Players if the Game! No question about it

A nod to Kia for her toughness.

Stevens with 16 points and some of our most critical buckets deserves to be in that category as well.

Very disappointing game for Collier, who's developing a discouraging habit of shrinking in the biggest spots.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
You know Baylor is licking its chops! Yikes! I had to have my nitro close by!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Team got Punched and they survived a Tough Texas Team. Refs allowed their Physical play and there was some home cooking tonight. Stevens should not have been called for a foul on that inbound play, but it did eventually worked to teams favor as Texas player only made one Free Throw. Who knows without the foul, the game might have been tied. Suprised that Katie-Lou missed both free throws. Glad for her it didn't make a difference in the game.

Don't think anyone predicted a four point UConn win.
KLS was shooting with one eye.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Before some of you get going. There is no such thing as a moral victory in sports.
Geno incredibly proud of this team, to gut out a win on the road against a tough team when you're not playing great.

such a fabulous, wonderful game. Both teams covered with glory. loved every minute. great WCBB.
This game is the reason why I watch WBB. Of course, a loss would have been the reason why I scream and throw things at the screen. While watching great WBB.

Last edited:

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Team got Punched and they survived a Tough Texas Team. Refs allowed their Physical play and there was some home cooking tonight. Stevens should not have been called for a foul on that inbound play, but it did eventually worked to teams favor as Texas player only made one Free Throw. Who knows without the foul, the game might have been tied. Suprised that Katie-Lou missed both free throws. Glad for her it didn't make a difference in the game.

Don't think anyone predicted a four point UConn win.
I love these kinds of games... but my heart doesn't! :eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno made two mistakes in his post game interview. Geno said Crystal was in same situation at Louisville last year and missed both FTs. It was actually FSU and she made the first and missed the second.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Next time baby, a neutral court.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stevens with 16 points and some of our most critical buckets deserves to be in that category as well.

Very disappointing game for Collier, who's developing a discouraging habit of shrinking in the biggest spots.
Her offense was really good but she gave up a lot of points on the other end.

Reaction Score
This team will not win a NC playing only 6 players. One of those bench players needs to find a way out of the doghouse.

Agreed. This year's 6 may be better than last year's 6 (though 2017 Collier and Williams are vastly superior to 2018 Collier and Williams thus far), but it's not going to be enough.

This was an Elite 8-caliber opponent, meaning at least 3 games like this on the way to the title. We're not going to win 3 in a row like this.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Did UConn win or survive?

Kind of both. Texas missed a number of chances late (2 missed layups and missed 3/4 FTs late) and had the weird foul on Stevens work against them so they didn’t get a shot to tie. UCONN also missed a pair of FTs late (although going 17-19 is quite clutch) and made some dumb TOs, but they executed better down the stretch than Texas—namely getting Stevens involved at every opportunity and Texas had a difficult time stopping her with White. Really entertaining game in a back and forth battle all night. Texas is capable of being a very good team and they showed that in stretches tonight. Their 3 guards are phenomenal and all are capable of getting to the rim, hitting 3s and creating for others.

Reaction Score
This team will not win a NC playing only 6 players. One of those bench players needs to find a way out of the doghouse.
I'd prefer we not have to and clearly geno agrees. But we've done it multiple times I'm pretty sure. Can someone help me out here (or tell me I'm wrong)?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Radio gave Gabby POG. She made some nice plays but also had a bunch of uncharacteristic mistakes. I'd go with KLS or Crystal myself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom