UConn-Texas Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn-Texas Game Thread

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Please don’t blame the refs for this game. The refs have been fine.

Not a rule -a request as a fellow fan.
I only said that because the ESPN announcers mentioned it as we went into the timeout. I agree that the refs are doing fine.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Z needs to play more. We can use her post offense and she has to be able to do a better rebounding job than what we did in the first half.

Reaction Score
WOW - we stole one!

We haven't stolen ss*** yet.

Need to come out after halftime and punch them in the mouth. If we can build a 6-8 point lead by the under-5 timeout, we'll be in good shape.

Reaction Score
What, this team doesn't know how to set screens to get Katie Lou open? Unbelievable! She touched the ball twice in the 2nd quarter in a position to shoot. They also continually fail to get her the ball when she cuts for the basket. That, of course, is nothing new as it's been happening the entire season. Thank goodness for Dangerfield too or we would have be run out of the gym.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think they are coming back to the real UConn team.... I have feeling 2nd half may be a different story.
I think you're right. UConn will come out in the second half having settled down and will play UConn basketball

Reaction Score
That was a nice battle back job! Texas really has a great gameplan and they are executing it very well. Unfortunately we have been cooperating with that a lot.
They’re shooting much better than normal. That never hurts.

HGN

Reaction Score
What was encouraging to me was that Texas came out HOT as fire and has played a good 1st half......But Uconn is still up at the half. If it is only by 1.

Hopefully Uconn has taken Texas's best blow.

Reaction Score
Big stat in the first half: Texas 9 assists on 15 FGs, UConn 6 assists on 14 FGs.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Interesting breakdown by the in studio analysts. They made it seem as if UConn was losing at the half by 10. In reality once UConn got the feel for Texas' speed and athleticism they outscored Texas. Nothing was mentioned in studio about how well offensively Crystal and Lou are playing which kept them in the game and got them the lead. Z was mentioned as the important offense factor in the first half although Geno removed her because she didn't stand in there when Texas was scoring inside. Glad to see Pheese at least got a garbage basket before the half ended.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Rebound and take care of the ball and we still win by 15.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We may have to ride Lou's and Crystal's coattails tonight.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Interesting that neither Boithe nor Walker have gotten any PT.

I doubt Boothe will—way too unpredictable and prone to bad shots and making mistakes. Walker I don’t think plays unless it’s in garbage time. She seems to be in Geno’s freshman doghouse that he’ll take likely her out of come Feb like he did with Stewart.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
What year was it we crushed them by 50 in the NCAAs? I’m wondering if the UT senior class was on that squad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom