Uconn Tennessee Series To Continue, Texas Pushed Back

Reaction Score
The main problem in OC scheduling is finding good teams willing to play UConn, not the reverse.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm in the dark about Duke next year to be honest. They didn't play last year, so have no idea how good a team they will be come November. Maybe if KL knocks it out of the park, but until then I'm not sure how playing Duke would bolster UConn's stock going into the post season. The only exceptions, as mentioned by others, is Senior home games, like when UConn did one for Stewie (Which Q refused to play) against, I don't even remember, Mercy/Sacred Heart something or other.

I can obviously see you're a Duke fan, but I don't think they're even on UConn's radar anytime soon for a home and away schedule.
A new "twist" has been added to Lawson's future at Duke -

Lawson’s name is expected to be among the mix for the Celtics head coach opening, where Brad Stevens looks for his successor on the sideline. Lawson’s already got Brian Scalabrine’s endorsement, who added he thinks Lawson may be the “most qualified” candidate.

Reaction Score
When UConn moved to the BIG East Conference, many (including me) considered that an upgrade. Being in the American Athletic Conference was like being in quicksand. UConn was/is not going to get an invite to a P-5 conference anytime soon, so the NBE is the best they could do. Unfortunately, their new conference opponents aren't considered to be that much better. To boost their RPI, UConn must continue to schedule top 10 teams in their out of conference (OOC) schedule.

I would like to see UConn schedule 6 top 12 teams and 3 top 50. With a 20 game conference schedule, I believe they can only schedule 9 OOC games, so that they do not exceed the NCAA mandated limit of 29 games, unless they play in a preseason tournament as they are doing this year. Stanford, South Carolina, Maryland, North Carolina State, Louisville, Arizona, Tennessee, Notre Dame and LSU would be my choices. These would be "must see" games (sell outs) on both team's schedules, and would be very attractive to the various national media outlets, and generate much needed revenue for UConn.

Homecoming road games for UConn’s seniors must also be considered.
I would like to see Iowa State thrown in there, they had some very impressive wins last season and are returning all important players.

Vowelguy

Boneyard contrarian since 1998
Reaction Score
I'm in the dark about Duke next year to be honest. They didn't play last year, so have no idea how good a team they will be come November.

Does last year matter? I mean, seems like they've got a lot of transfers in (?), so even if they had played in 2020-21, I'm not sure how much it would resemble the 21-22 team. @CamrnCrz1974 @triaddukefan

Reaction Score
A new "twist" has been added to Lawson's future at Duke -

Lawson’s name is expected to be among the mix for the Celtics head coach opening, where Brad Stevens looks for his successor on the sideline. Lawson’s already got Brian Scalabrine’s endorsement, who added he thinks Lawson may be the “most qualified” candidate.

I wish Kara all the best. I can appreciate if offered the Celtic job, she cannot possibly turn it down. The only negative is abandoning Duke after such a short tenure. I would hope the Duke fans would say: "Go for it Kara". (Not like the love Edsall got for abandoning UCONN for Maryland.)

Vowelguy

Reaction Score
I wish Kara all the best. I can appreciate if offered the Celtic job, she cannot possibly turn it down. The only negative is abandoning Duke after such a short tenure. I would hope the Duke fans would say: "Go for it Kara". (Not like the love Edsall got for abandoning UCONN for Maryland.)
Haha no one is offering the Celtics job to someone who has coached 10 games and was an assistant for 1 year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Haha no one is offering the Celtics job to someone who has coached 10 games and was an assistant for 1 year.
Steve Nash.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn played against Colgate.
Colgate was more than happy to host Breanna Stewart and UConn for her "homecoming" game. It was reported that Cotterell Court (capacity 1,782) at Colgate was sold out, while on the same night, the Syracuse women hosted Coppin State in the massive Carrier Dome (capacity 34,616) in front of 335 fans. :D Colgate head coach Nicci Hays Fort said it was a rare opportunity to have one their home games nationally televised (CBSSN), and it gave her program notoriety and exposure money could not buy. She thanked Geno after the game. ;)

UConn would get the last laugh for Syracuse women's head coach Quintin Hillsman’s snub later that season when they met Syracuse in the NCAA Tournament Championship Game, and handed them a resounding defeat 82-51, giving Geno and UConn their 11th NC.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd burn every piece of Celtic Gear in the Central part of North Carolina if that happened.

10? How about four.

Vowelguy

Reaction Score
Steve Nash.
You are not seriously comparing someone who played 10+ years in the NBA and is an all time great to someone with a decent WNBA career.
(and even Nash was considered a huge risk)
ludicrous

Reaction Score
Edsell got abused cause he didn’t ride back with the teamhe just left the bowl game and went to Maryland should have stayed with his team also didn’t tell team he was leaving they found out from internet

pub
Top Bottom