Uconn Tennessee Series To Continue, Texas Pushed Back

LwrcasefaN

fan...not a FANatic.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Texas was like....naw, we aint ready for that. I hear ya.
It's great for both of us, IMO. We would beat Texas by 35+ this year and that game would hurt our SOS and it wouldn't help our NET. Vic is going to do great things in Austin, but losing Taylor and Collier are just huge losses and this year they will have a hard time competing with Top-25 teams.

Vowelguy

Boneyard contrarian since 1998
Reaction Score
likely 3rd or 4th best opponent on the sked

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how the Battle 4 Atlantis is going to work. I heard somewhere that Uconn would not play SC or Oregon because they were under contract to play them already. I could see that rule applying to the first round match-ups, but surely it won't affect games after that, or does it?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how the Battle 4 Atlantis is going to work. I heard somewhere that Uconn would not play SC or Oregon because they were under contract to play them already. I could see that rule applying to the first round match-ups, but surely it won't affect games after that, or does it?
The wouldn't play either Oregon or SC at all in the tournament. The tournament committee will break the 8 teams up into two groups of 4 and UConn would not be in the same group as Oregon or SC. Uconn would just play the other 3 teams in their designated group.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Credit to KJH for strongly advocating to continue this UConn-TN series. The LV’s will be playing a much stronger Husky team this year, in CT, in front of a sellout crowd, and they will very likely lose. Obviously she wants to build her program and she’s not afraid of taking on a tremendous challenge in the process.

Reaction Score
The wouldn't play either Oregon or SC at all in the tournament. The tournament committee will break the 8 teams up into two groups of 4 and UConn would not be in the same group as Oregon or SC. Uconn would just play the other 3 teams in their designated group.
So there will be two champions?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hope we don't add Vandy yet. Let Shea build up her program.
Games are often scheduled years in advance. UConn and Vandy could schedule a home & home now that would commence in the 2024-2025 season. That would give Shea time to build her program, and use those two games as a recruiting tool the next 2 years. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And Duke or North Carolina.
When UConn moved to the BIG East Conference, many (including me) considered that an upgrade. Being in the American Athletic Conference was like being in quicksand. UConn was/is not going to get an invite to a P-5 conference anytime soon, so the NBE is the best they could do. Unfortunately, their new conference opponents aren't considered to be that much better. To boost their RPI, UConn must continue to schedule top 10 teams in their out of conference (OOC) schedule.

I would like to see UConn schedule 6 top 12 teams and 3 top 50. With a 20 game conference schedule, I believe they can only schedule 9 OOC games, so that they do not exceed the NCAA mandated limit of 29 games, unless they play in a preseason tournament as they are doing this year. Stanford, South Carolina, Maryland, North Carolina State, Louisville, Arizona, Tennessee, Notre Dame and LSU would be my choices. These would be "must see" games (sell outs) on both team's schedules, and would be very attractive to the various national media outlets, and generate much needed revenue for UConn.

Homecoming road games for UConn’s seniors must also be considered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When UConn moved to the BIG East Conference, many (including me) considered that an upgrade. Being in the American Athletic Conference was like being in quicksand. UConn was/is not going to get an invite to a P-5 conference anytime soon, so the NBE is the best they could do. Unfortunately, their new conference opponents aren't considered to be that much better. To boost their RPI, UConn must continue to schedule top 10 teams in their out of conference (OOC) schedule.

I would like to see UConn schedule 6 top 12 teams and 3 top 50. With a 20 game conference schedule, I believe they can only schedule 9 OOC games, so that they do not exceed the NCAA mandated limit of 29 games, unless they play in a preseason tournament as they are doing this year. Stanford, South Carolina, Maryland, North Carolina State, Louisville, Arizona, Tennessee, Notre Dame and LSU would be my choices. These would be "must see" games (sell outs) on both team's schedules, and would be very attractive to the various national media outlets, and generate much needed revenue for UConn.

What teams would you like to see UConn schedule?
Arkansas-Little Rock (CW's senior game); Georgia (ONO's senior game); Oregon is already there (Evina's Senior game); but your menu can round out the rest of available spots....

Reaction Score

Homecoming road games for UConn’s seniors must also be considered.
If Uconn goes say 32-1...b4 the tourney I wouldn't worry so much about RPI..

Reaction Score
It wasn't broken.
I'm in the dark about Duke next year to be honest. They didn't play last year, so have no idea how good a team they will be come November. Maybe if KL knocks it out of the park, but until then I'm not sure how playing Duke would bolster UConn's stock going into the post season. The only exceptions, as mentioned by others, is Senior home games, like when UConn did one for Stewie (Which Q refused to play) against, I don't even remember, Mercy/Sacred Heart something or other.

I can obviously see you're a Duke fan, but I don't think they're even on UConn's radar anytime soon for a home and away schedule.

Reaction Score
I'm in the dark about Duke next year to be honest. They didn't play last year, so have no idea how good a team they will be come November. Maybe if KL knocks it out of the park, but until then I'm not sure how playing Duke would bolster UConn's stock going into the post season. The only exceptions, as mentioned by others, is Senior home games, like when UConn did one for Stewie (Which Q refused to play) against, I don't even remember, Mercy/Sacred Heart something or other.

I can obviously see you're a Duke fan, but I don't think they're even on UConn's radar anytime soon for a home and away schedule.

UConn played against Colgate.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn played against Colgate.
It was really nice of Colgate’s then HC to give Stewie a homecoming game in what amounted to a complete mismatch, particularly after Q wouldn’t even consider a game in Syracuse. Unfortunately, Colgate fired the HC that year at the end of a disappointing season.

Reaction Score

Give it 2 years and they will be.

Top Bottom