UCONN Tennessee Rivalry | The Boneyard

UCONN Tennessee Rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I know this is a subject that is near & dear to the hearts of all of us who bleed blue. Meet the author & voice your opinion!
Saturday, February 28

11:30 am, UConn Co-op Bookstore at Storrs Center

12:15 pm, UConn Co-op, Hillside Road, by Gampel

Sports writer Jeff Goldberg, author of the bestselling Bird at the Buzzer will autograph copies of his new book, Unrivaled: UConn, Tennessee, and the Twelve Years That Transcended Women's Basketball. Eight years after the last game, Unrivaled uncovers the on-court and behind-the-scenes story of the intensely personal rivalry between coaches, players, and the two most passionate fan bases women's sports has ever known. Alysa Auriemma who wrote the afterward, will join Jeff for the autographing. Join us prior to watching Senior Night and the UConn/Memphis game.

Event date:
Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 11:30pm
Event address:
One Royce Circle
101 Storrs Center
Storrs, CT 06268

Unrivaled: Uconn, Tennessee, and the Twelve Years That Transcended Women's Basketball (Hardcover)
By Jeff Goldberg, Alysa Auriemma (Afterword by), Rebecca Lobo (Foreword by)
$27.95
ISBN: 9780803255203
Availability: Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Published: University of Nebraska Press - March 2015

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I thought that Bird at the Buzzer (the book not the shot) was marginally boring. Unless Goldberg answers the question I think I'll pass.

Kindle edition is $15 on Amazon. Hardcover $21

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I thought that Bird at the Buzzer (the book not the shot) was marginally boring. Unless Goldberg answers the question I think I'll pass.

I think that's variable based on how interesting a play-by-play recount of a game is. However, I liked the book given the amount of background provided on the UConn program, the 2000-01 season, and the Husky players from that season.

Last edited:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Great.
Something else to clog up the bookstore and slow things down as I wait for my wife to select yet another UConn garment on Senior night.

Reaction Score

Hardcover available now, Kindle not until March 1 - ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom