UConn/Temple & UConn/FIU Football Series Announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn/Temple & UConn/FIU Football Series Announced

Reaction Score
Getting Temple on the schedule, great news. Cinci, now that would be a good catch. Reason: maybe not as much with the fans but the players, both basketball and football, they don't like each other. Now that makes for a good rock fight.

Reaction Score
Thing is about TCU is that they already have SMU and Cal booked, so normally they fill that third and final sport with an FCS program. We would need to convince TCU to play us rather than FCS in 2021.. Maybe.

Elsewhere, SMU has one open FBS slot in 2022 and two in 2023 in their schedule. Would they do a H&H? I have trouble envisioning these TX schools coming this far north in the return.

You are correct about TCU. Their opening in 2021 will be a FCS opponent. That's what Gary Patterson wants and that's what he will get and they certainly wouldn't give up a 7th home game to travel to East Hartford. TCU's scheduling formula until further notice (don't hold your breath} is one P5 team, one FCS team and SMU. This of course means that SMU's slot in 2022 and one of them in 2023 will be TCU

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
That may be the case. Army and UMass are two easy drives on the away schedule so a die hard fan could still get in 7 games without being on a plane.
The gameday atmosphere at Army is amazing. We get there around 8:30am for the March of Cadets at 9am followed by bayonette exercises and sky jumps. Then the tailgate starts and then we walk around campus winding up at the field. Then the cadets make it even more fun. By far my favorite away game to go to.

Reaction Score
Tip my hat to myself - I done pretty good with my wild guesses.

Now lets see what they have cooked up to get us to Texas. I'm leaning towards a H&H with Houston tied to MBB (we promised three BB games). Rice would make some sense as well and of course SMU puts us in Dallas where we are recruiting the most.

It’s going to be bigger than Houston.

Reaction Score
Getting Temple on the schedule, great news. Cinci, now that would be a good catch. Reason: maybe not as much with the fans but the players, both basketball and football, they don't like each other. Now that makes for a good rock fight.
The AAC teams will play us if the games make sense. The administrative kerfluffles are not really that relevant. I think the evidence supports that. UCF Temple I’m guessing there will be some others. I would love to play Cinci regularly. I thought we were developing a pretty good rivalry in the old Big East days that would have grown into something solid if it had been allowed to flourish.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The AAC teams will play us if the games make sense. The administrative kerfluffles are not really that relevant. I think the evidence supports that. UCF Temple I’m guessing there will be some others. I would love to play Cinci regularly. I thought we were developing a pretty good rivalry in the old Big East days that would have grown into something solid if it had been allowed to flourish.

With the AAC my preference order for Football:

1) Temple - closest/common recruiting ground
2) USF and UCF - we need to keep in FL and games against FIU and FAU wont be enough
3) Houston or SMU - once in a while because of TX recruiting
4) Navy and Cincy - should be higher on my list - but...

no need to play Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane and ECU again in football.

AAC BB
1) Cincy - just because
2) Temple - its close
3) Houston and SMU - might get tied to football
4) Witchita State - feel sorry for them
5) Memphis - hmmm, actually we dont need to dignify them with a series...

Never - Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, USF, UCF in BB

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
With the AAC my preference order for Football:

1) Temple - closest/common recruiting ground
2) USF and UCF - we need to keep in FL and games against FIU and FAU wont be enough
3) Houston or SMU - once in a while because of TX recruiting
4) Navy and Cincy - should be higher on my list - but...

no need to play Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane and ECU again in football.

AAC BB
1) Cincy - just because
2) Temple - its close
3) Houston and SMU - might get tied to football
4) Witchita State - feel sorry for them
5) Memphis - hmmm, actually we dont need to dignify them with a series...

Never - Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, USF, UCF in BB
I would play everyone except Tulsa in football. I did the UConn @ Tulane game last year- absolute blast of a road trip.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with Tulane. I mean how can you not have fun in the Big Easy? I get wanting to play in Texas but not so sure I want to play SMU ever. The odd series with Houston is fine but no real interest in the Mustangs.

Reaction Score
There is no reason that UConn wouldn't want to play Temple every year. There are very few opponents we can get drivable games with and getting to the level where Temple is has to be the intermediate term goal.
I'd definitely settle for Temple as intermediate goal, they were #62 for 2019 in Massey. Why not go big time and aim for Tulane in intermediate term, they were #48 for 2019. Hard to get my head around being so far behind Temple and Tulane.

Reaction Score
UConn vs Texas at the Yale Bowl :cool: tell me you would not go. It is a great stadium to watch a game at. Keeps it in State. Beats going to the razor or New Jersey for a home game. If they want to play at the Rent in return for our men's hoop team going there then it is a no brainer.

Reaction Score
We ain’t playin’ anyone in the Yale Bowl. Not even Yale. Might be a Yankee Stadium game AD Dave was talking about though. I hear the Sox would like us back at Fenway too.

Reaction Score
We ain’t playin’ anyone in the Yale Bowl. Not even Yale. Might be a Yankee Stadium game AD Dave was talking about though. I hear the Sox would like us back at Fenway too.
The only game that would work in Boston would be BC. Regional opponent wouldn’t work for us there.

Reaction Score
The only game that would work in Boston would be BC. Regional opponent wouldn’t work for us there.

If we are playing in Fenway it better be an away game. No more losing a BC home game to Fenway.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
If we are playing in Fenway it better be an away game. No more losing a BC home game to Fenway.
You do realize we made $1.1 million on that game. If it was hosted at the Rent- tops we would have made was $800,000

Reaction Score
Temple makes a lot of sense to keep on the schedule. They're a regional rival and we have a bit of history with them. Wyoming and FIU should be fun games to watch too.

Reaction Score
2 for 1 with Texas.

Never going to happen. Their road OOC games for the next 15 years (in the few seasons where they play a road OOC):
LSU
Arkansas
Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Florida
Arizona State

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You do realize we made $1.1 million on that game. If it was hosted at the Rent- tops we would have made was $800,000
Still seems a bit cheap for one's soul.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Still seems a bit cheap for one's soul.
Everyone complains about the deficit and when we do something about it- there are still complaints.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom