UCONN TBT Coming (Stars of Storrs) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UCONN TBT Coming (Stars of Storrs)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maston & Thomas as team scoring leaders. I never would have thought that. I swear Daniels hit a deep jump shot but I guess not.
There wasn't anywhere near the floor spacing or options you equate with Hurley's teams. In both games I saw Saturday, most of the action was in the paint, and it got very crowded in there. Maston & Thomas both run the floor very well, but neither are the kind of screen setters Clingan was, so it was a bit more of a challenge for Cole & Boat to get to the rim, although Purv did pretty well. We didn't get much offensive rebounding from our guards, so the few second chance points were mostly putbacks by our 5s. What both Maston & Thomas did very well was drive to the hoop and finish, as they were simply better than Herkimer's bigs (although the fat guy couldn't be backed down), and with the refs swallowing whistles for the most part, both could do whatever they needed to to plow through the traffic. Also, Daniels didn't seem to make himself a scoring option all that often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom