UConn Survey on Attending Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Survey on Attending Games

Reaction Score
If they wind up having fans attend games this season, I'd imagine they'd play all of their home games at the XL Center, right? Seems like too much of a liability (for both sides) to have outsiders come onto campus.

Reaction Score
If they wind up having fans attend games this season, I'd imagine they'd play all of their home games at the XL Center, right? Seems like too much of a liability (for both sides) to have outsiders come onto campus.

Makes no sense to pay money to CRDA when there are no fans to make it back. I would expect all UConn's game in state of Connecticut will be at Gampel or Mohegan.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Discussed in another thread and thought it deserved it's own thread. MBB and WBB season ticket holders were emailed a survey today asking if they plan on attending games in 2020-2021.

Out of curiosity I was wondering how others on the-boneyard answered the survey. Are you planning on attending or not? I personally picked yes.
No survey but I would answer yes

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
PC? Are you referring to science based preventative measures for a global pandemic that’s already killed over 200k Americans?
Preventative as intentionally sending people sick with Covid in nursing homes?

Reaction Score
No for me, but I would be cool with students only at Gampel in very limited numbers with spacing. But I would not want to police that.

I have two people in my life who "survived" Covid. One will never be the same, and the other is only 14 and still dealing with issues months later. I love UConn, but it isn't worth the risk for me this year.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Has UConn announced the spring calendar yet? My guess is that the open in Feb & cancel spring break. If the wanted to extend into lat May.

From Nov 25 to Feb 15 you could hsve no students on campus and get most of the games in.

Reaction Score
Has UConn announced the spring calendar yet? My guess is that the open in Feb & cancel spring break. If the wanted to extend into lat May.

From Nov 25 to Feb 15 you could hsve no students on campus and get most of the games in.
At Central Connecticut they have already cancelled spring break.

Reaction Score

That's what the college my son goes to is doing. Schools starts February 2. No spring break. And they stay through finals and get out 2nd week in May. Long haul with no break. I'd imagine most schools will do this.

Reaction Score
That's what the college my son goes to is doing. Schools starts February 2. No spring break. And they stay through finals and get out 2nd week in May. Long haul with no break. I'd imagine most schools will do this.
Almost like work :D .....except he gets the summer off.

Reaction Score
Not a chance. Just shut it down. A bubble might be ok for the NBA but for college sports it is a terrible idea and playing without fans in some unspecified arena just makes it worse. Plus the CCSUs of the world will not get equal treatment. So it destroys the excitement of the tournament. If it goes that way one team should wear beige the other brown and they can pick names out of a hat to see who the represent.

Reaction Score
If I got the survey I'd vote yes, but they have to seriously limit the number of fans.

Reaction Score
That did not go well. But what would you have done once the hospital was overcrowded?

In the most egregious example (NY) the hospitals weren't as overcrowded as they originally predicted and only used a handful of the 1,000 beds in the hospital ship sent there, and a very small number of the 2,500 beds set up in the Javits Center.

From NPR on April 22:
Fifty-eight percent of the deaths in the state happened in nursing homes in New York City. Those nursing homes, the NPR numbers show, are notable for their high percentages of residents of color.

But even most of the residents who died in facilities in other parts of the state were living in nursing homes that had a high percentage of residents of color. The population in those facilities tend to reflect the demographics of the counties where they were located.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom