UConn Survey on Attending Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Survey on Attending Games

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I voted yes but with precautions such as temperature taken at entry and alternate seating, etc
But I would be happy with the team playing in the bubble or restricted area and no fans but of course televised.
I just can't say NO WAY without some discussion of how to make it as safe for all if there would be fans
That is closed minded IMHO
But to each their own
Lets play hoops

Reaction Score
should limit the capacity and only let students in

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm going off shoddy memory but it was more or less around which safety protocols were most important to fans in deciding whether or not to attend. Limited attendance, deep sanitizing of the building, hand sanitizing stations, mandatory masks, that sort of thing.

None of my replies mattered it depends how Mrs. CTMike feels about it on game day. Right now she's not cool with indoors.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Also - they have a hard enough time getting fans in efficiently at XL without a pandemic, I can't imagine how long it would take to get in while doing temp checks too.

Reaction Score
Also - they have a hard enough time getting fans in efficiently at XL without a pandemic, I can't imagine how long it would take to get in while doing temp checks too.
This is where big concourses and restrooms bigger than a broom closet might have come in handy.

Reaction Score
Can someone share the survey questions?
  1. Based on your current knowledge and comfort level, how comfortable are you with the idea of attending games this season?
  2. Assuming fans are able and want to attend games this season, would you still attend even if you can't sit in your regular seat locations due to social distancing?
  3. Necessary health and safety protocols could limit available ticket inventory, please tell us your interest level in each of the following ticket options:
    1. Whole season
    2. Partial Season
    3. One Game
    4. Not at all
  4. If capacity is reduced and/or you are not comfortable attending games in person, are you interested in other means to support the teams (e.g. fan cutouts, video board photos, etc.)?
  5. What new and creative engagement strategies would you like UConn Athletics to explore if normal attendance and access is limited this season?
  6. Based on your current knowledge and comfort level, when do you plan on making decisions regarding your attendance at sporting events during the 2020-21 season?
  7. If you are uncomfortable or unable to attend games this upcoming season, what option is of most interest with regard to your ticket purchase?
  8. How important are each of the following health and safety protocols in your decision to attend games this season?
    1. Limited attendance
    2. Social distancing at entrances
    3. Social distancing at concessions
    4. Social distancing at restrooms
    5. Mobile order/no touch tickets & concessions
    6. Pre packaged food at concessions
    7. Temperature checks at entrances
    8. Required facemasks for fans and gameday staff/personnel
    9. Increased cleaning and sanitation throughout venue
    10. Hand santizing stations
  9. Do you have questions, concerns or suggestions regarding health and safety measures to attend games this season?

Reaction Score
I’m not a season ticket holder, but sign me up for a fan cutout!

I’m surprised there is still such a focus on sanitizing with an airborne illness. Masks, limited attendance, social distancing, and temperature checks would probably reduce the risk incredibly. Still, I don’t see myself going to any games this year (I normally get to 5-12 I’d say).

I ga to say it, but they should probably consider banning or severely limiting alcohol sales, right? There must be a strong negative correlation between alcohol consumption and vigilance about COVID precautions.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just don't think games will be played in front of fans this season and if fans are allowed it will be no more than 25% and mask will be worn throughout the game unless you are eating or drinking.

I would be fine with just students at games practicing what the CDC says for the events like this. The state would have top allow 2500 people which I don't think happens with this administration

Reaction Score
I would absolutely go but live out of state and haven't seen the survey.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
My group will go if allowed.

Reaction Score
I would absolutely attend with safety precautions in place and enforced. My kids are in school and I grocery shop. If those things can happen, games with safety precautions and reduced crowds/spacing can too.

Reaction Score
I received the survey and said I would be 100% in with any, all or none of the precautions or game limitations. But at the end of the day, I don't think the state is going to allow fans.

I speak as a student, but I personally would love to attend games. While it wouldn't make UConn any money, allowing students (masks, socially distant, lowered capacity) who already can go to class/rec center would be a great way to recoup at least some of the college basketball atmosphere
should limit the capacity and only let students in

I added in the comments section that at a minimum, the school should play all the games on campus and only allow students who are on campus together anyway. This would make the games more exciting to watch on tv, would give the team a level of home court advantage and should be 100% acceptable to any health guidelines. This is what some of the college football teams that are allowing fans are doing - like Notre Dame. Students get their full allotment to fill the limited capacity first.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Trust me guys, I am on campus everyday and you don't want to be around these students, especially when UConn basketball games are going to be the first semblance of normalcy they see. Im in my late 20s I still wouldn't be caught dead in gample.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom