UConn Survey on Attending Games | The Boneyard

UConn Survey on Attending Games

Reaction Score
Discussed in another thread and thought it deserved it's own thread. MBB and WBB season ticket holders were emailed a survey today asking if they plan on attending games in 2020-2021.

Out of curiosity I was wondering how others on the-boneyard answered the survey. Are you planning on attending or not? I personally picked yes.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I answered I would attend if all precautions are taken and followed strictly. I also made these suggestions:

Cut attendance in half and have a lottery for which games season ticket holders are allowed to attend. Games should be split up evenly based on pre season ranking of opponents so everyone gets to attend bigger games. Cutting attendance in half would mean half the season tickets per fan, would promote social distancing while still retaining the seat locations purchased. The other half of games not attended can be refunded. Also requiring body temperature taken before arena entry, required mask at all times, air purification system installed within arena, crowd traffic regulations to limit person to person interaction, hand sanitizer before entry and available in every seating section. Plexiglass barrier installed between lower level seating and court to protect players and staff.

Reaction Score
Yes. Masks while moving about. Doubt it will happen this year.

Reaction Score
No, but would feel more comfortable attending an NEC game like Sacred Heart since tickets are GA and those games are usually half filled and the gym itself is much more open and easy to get around.

Another example: if Yale Football were on, I’d attend. Just sooo much space in the Yale Bowl and all concessions/bathrooms are outside the confines of the seating. Plus, troths are definitely cleaner than urinals!

Reaction Score
No, but would feel more comfortable attending an NEC game like Sacred Heart since tickets are GA and those games are usually half filled and the gym itself is much more open and easy to get around.

Another example: if Yale Football were on, I’d attend. Just sooo much space in the Yale Bowl and all concessions/bathrooms are outside the confines of the seating. Plus, troths are definitely cleaner than urinals!

"Plus, troths are definitely cleaner than urinals!"
Fake News: There's no evidence to date that the urethra is a point of entry for the virus.............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I will see if we take the path England is going through. Stay tuned for a month

Reaction Score
Connecticut is not going to reckless. There would obviously be extreme social distancing, drastic reduction in attendance and other precautions if fans are even allowed at some games. I would be ok with going to games. I doubt any fans will be allowed though.

Reaction Score
No. Can’t be done safely in a closed arena. Don’t risk it for the fans and/or the players. I’d rather these kids go into an NBA bubble and play with the lowest risk possible. It’s not fair to force them to expose themselves.

Covid is a respiratory disease. They risk ruining their careers by damaging their lungs so fans can have a night out. Not worth the risk.

Reaction Score
Figured a good time to re-up the podcast episode I did with XL Center GM about some of the precautions they're taking as they consider letting fans into the arena

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Not worth it really to have fans, but I’d go if temp checks at the door, very limited attendance with seats obviously spaced apart, and masks on.

Wouldn’t go if it was crowded (which isn’t going to happen anyway, as it shouldn’t)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
20% max indoor seating.

Gates open up 20 min before tip off.

Very limited to no concessions.

Reaction Score
I speak as a student, but I personally would love to attend games. While it wouldn't make UConn any money, allowing students (masks, socially distant, lowered capacity) who already can go to class/rec center would be a great way to recoup at least some of the college basketball atmosphere

Reaction Score
I speak as a student, but I personally would love to attend games. While it wouldn't make UConn any money, allowing students (masks, socially distant, lowered capacity) who already can go to class/rec center would be a great way to recoup at least some of the college basketball atmosphere
This would be awesome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom