UConn Survey on Attending Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Survey on Attending Games

Reaction Score
If masks work then why not?

I'm not a doctor, or an expert, but my understanding is that if you're moving through a crowded indoor space (like a supermarket) with a mask on, you are very unlikely to contact enough of the virus to catch it. If you're sitting next to people for a few hours in an indoor space, a mask will reduce the odds of transmission somewhat but the risk is still way too high to be acceptable, at least for me.

This is why people aren't in theatres, and hearing live bands play in bars, or attending NBA or NHL games. Look, I'd love to have life back, but I'll take more risk today to have breakfast with my father, and one day to go back to my office and have constant social contact, than I'll take risk to see a basketball game. I love the intensity of being in a crowded arena for basketball, but I don't think even with a mask the pleasure justifies the risk.

Reaction Score
I agree with Biz. Folks are looking for silver bullets with this thing and they simply don't exist. Managing exposure to this virus involves risk mitigation. The only way to eliminate risk is to completely isolate, but few would choose that course.

Do I miss being at games or in a bar with a band? You bet I do. But, I choose not to, largely because I have family members who I live and interact who feel more comfortable if I and they avoid those things. I also have work protocols to follow. While I miss those things, it hardly seems like a huge sacrifice all things considered.

This thing is different for everyone, not the least of which is because we all have different health considerations for ourselves and our loved ones. I try to always defer to those folks who are most concerned.

Reaction Score
Too old, too high a risk for me and my wife. Better to watch on TV at home than in intensive care on a
ventilator.

Reaction Score
Not a chance. Just shut it down. A bubble might be ok for the NBA but for college sports it is a terrible idea and playing without fans in some unspecified arena just makes it worse. Plus the CCSUs of the world will not get equal treatment. So it destroys the excitement of the tournament. If it goes that way one team should wear beige the other brown and they can pick names out of a hat to see who the represent.
Why do you post here when college sports and everything UConn makes you so miserable?

You're the Phil Mushnick of the boneyard.

Reaction Score
I’m ok with not going to any games this season. There’s no way XL can fully guarantee the safety of any of us. If most nfl games are being played and their stadiums have open air flow and they still have no fans then how can I possibly expect to be safe in an old outdated arena such as the XL??

Reaction Score
And yet UConn is still billing us for season tickets. Got billed for third payment today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom