Men - UConn Summer Baseball 2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Summer Baseball 2022

Reaction Score
Incoming freshman Kolby Pascarelli is the starting pitcher for the Norwich Sea Unicorns tonight. Missed the 1st inning, but he gave up no hits and no runs in it.

2nd inning, he gave up a run after loading up the bases with no outs. Certainly could have been worse.

Reaction Score
2nd inning, he gave up a run after loading up the bases with no outs. Certainly could have been worse.

3rd inning, 1-2-3 inning for Kolby.

Reaction Score
Curren Larson the starting pitcher for the Norwich Sea Unicorns today. Allowed a run in the 1st inning.

Reaction Score
Incoming UConn freshman Jude Abbadessa is listed on the summer roster of the Amsterdam Mohawks of the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League.

Reaction Score
UConn players currently listed on 2022 summer rosters in the Futures League. This includes current high school seniors who are slated to be incoming UConn freshmen:

Ryan Daniels - New Britain Bees
Kolby Pascarelli - Norwich Sea Unicorns
Ryan Hyde - Norwich Sea Unicorns
Jackson Ferrigno - Norwich Sea Unicorns
Drew Kron - Norwich Sea Unicorns
@dbmill is Ferrigno still with Norwhich? I know he is in the portal and was wondering if you’ve seen him play at all

Reaction Score
@dbmill is Ferrigno still with Norwhich? I know he is in the portal and was wondering if you’ve seen him play at all

Ferrigno is still in Norwich. Shortly after he got listed on the D1Baseball.com transfer portal, UConn was removed as Ferigno's school on both the Norwich online and print rosters, now he has no school listed.

Ferrigno has been in the starting lineup generally alternating between SS and 3B. We've been to a few games, Ferrigno is currently hitting .222. Don't have a real opinion on his defense yet. By the way, Norwich has won 3 games, lost 8 so far.

Reaction Score
Well, the college summer leagues have mostly started play, and I would imagine the various UConn players that were traveling with the team will soon be reporting to their summer teams.

One thing that has struck me in the past is that for such a short season, a bit over 2 months including playoffs for most leagues, there sure is a lot of player movement over this time period as various players come and go from teams. Some players will end up on a couple different teams over the course of the summer.

Reaction Score

Funny thing, prior to dinner, knowing that UConn redshirt freshman Tom Ellisen is from Wisconsin, I checked the Madison roster in the Northwoods League to see if he was there (they were the only team I was going to check in that League, they have a bunch of teams) Sure enough, I found he was on the roster, but just didn't get around to posting it.

Reaction Score
Heading up to the Cape this weekend. Any idea when our guys will be activated?

Reaction Score
Heading up to the Cape this weekend. Any idea when our guys will be activated?
I would imagine they would take a week or two off, especially the pitchers but they should be up there relatively soon

Reaction Score
I would imagine they would take a week or two off, especially the pitchers but they should be up there relatively soon
Our pitchers need a week to relax and then, coming off the tourney, probably a few weeks for counseling. It must be strange being dominant all year against our schedule and then facing a totally different level of competition in the tourney

Reaction Score
Incoming UConn freshman Drew Kron has been getting some playing time in center field for the Norwich Sea Unicorns of the Futures League, playing in center field. Can't say I am overly impressed with what I've seen of him at the bat in the few games that I have seen with him, but he does have a batting average of .286 so far, so that isn't all that bad at all. Kron has struck out 10 times in 28 at bats, and as luck has it, I've seen several of those strikeouts. Kron is getting his hits when I'm not at the games it seems.

What impresses me about Kron is his ability to go get the ball in center field, he really looks good out there on defense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Incoming UConn freshman Drew Kron has been getting some playing time in center field for the Norwich Sea Unicorns of the Futures League, playing in center field. Can't say I am overly impressed with what I've seen of him at the bat in the few games that I have seen with him, but he does have a batting average of .286 so far, so that isn't all that bad at all. Kron has struck out 10 times in 28 at bats, and as luck has it, I've seen several of those strikeouts. Kron is getting his hits when I'm not at the games it seems.

What impresses me about Kron is his ability to go get the ball in center field, he really looks good out there on defense.
Kron has only played 7 games with Norwich, so it is still a pretty small sample size for hitting, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I can remember korey Morton having same issue last summer. Im sure hourigan will work with him
Quite a bit to shorten things up and staying inside ball. No doubt college pitching is gonna be a major adjustment for him when he arrives for fall ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom