UConn @ Stetson Invitational ~ WMU 3/3@1p, Stetson 3/4@7p & St. Joe's 3/5 @ 11a in Deland Fla. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Stetson Invitational ~ WMU 3/3@1p, Stetson 3/4@7p & St. Joe's 3/5 @ 11a in Deland Fla.

Reaction Score
Ryan Radue coming in to pitch, and picks up a strikeout to end the 6th inning. Krueger certainly looks like he is taking over the center field spot over Stefanski.

Reaction Score
Top of 8th, a Susi bases loaded double off the right field wall drives in two runs. LeFevre sac fly scores another run for UConn to make it 5-0. Winkel single drives in another run.

Last edited:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Winkel with a nice RBI single. Good to see the offense sort itself out as this game progressed. 6-0 now.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Everyone ripping this pitching staff now. 9-0.

If Cate started Friday, we would likely be 7-3. Not discouraged by this team's play thus far, but we need to get healthy for conference play because the AAC is really good this year - possible 4 bid league.

Reaction Score
Everyone ripping this pitching staff now. 9-0.

If Cate started Friday, we would likely be 7-3. Not discouraged by this team's play thus far, but we need to get healthy for conference play because the AAC is really good this year - possible 4 bid league.
I feel that our starting pitching is by far the best in the conference with Cate, Wills and Feole. I'm still worried about the offense although when Willy comes back we'll see where we stand.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Houston has a great staff, too. Like us, they have some hiccups on defense as well.

This west coast trip does not look intimidating. If we get healthy, I see us going about 4-3 or 5-2.

Reaction Score
I feel that our starting pitching is by far the best in the conference with Cate, Wills and Feole. I'm still worried about the offense although when Willy comes back we'll see where we stand.

Cate and Montgomerie pack quite a one-two starting pitching punch, and the freshman Feole is developing quite nicely as the Sunday starter. I'm perfectly willing to go with that trio every weekend. The bullpen has been looking good as well, with lots of options to go to in relief. We'll have to see how things go with the middle of the week starters.

The western trip starting next weekend will be 7 games in 9 days. That will be quite a change from just playing on the weekends, and will certainly demand more use of the bullpen guys.

UConn had two more stolen bases today, giving them 20 on the season. No one has been caught stealing yet, and I don't believe anyone has been picked off base this season. I'm amazed by this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom