UConn stats...ONO she didn't... :) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn stats...ONO she didn't... :)

Reaction Score
View attachment 48345

Many Huskies have contributed to UConn's 4-0 start this season. But, Olivia Nelson-Ododa is filling up the stat sheet in an impressive manner. Consider:

Great post David In Naples. When I see Liv play I am reminded of two other sports, baseball and football, where it is essential to be strong up the middle. Crystal and Olivia certainly make that the case for UCONN.
My eyes are now always fixed on our center's play because of her!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The only cloud on the horizon is that teams are starting to double- and -triple-team her, and they might get away with it because she's the only legitimate center/forward on the team.

How is that a cloud? If she is double or triple teamed deep that means a couple of UConn players are not being defended.
I have a different take on it. I would like to see her playing more under the basket instead of halfway out in the paint and being swarmed with defenders.

Reaction Score
Love to see these stats. I want her to be an AA by the time she graduates. Now if we can only have her stop taking 3s we’ll be all set

View attachment 48345

Many Huskies have contributed to UConn's 4-0 start this season. But, Olivia Nelson-Ododa is filling up the stat sheet in an impressive manner. Consider:

1. Liv's assist total of 14 is 2nd best on the team. That is 4 more than Crystal..!
2. ONO has 21 offensive rebounds. That is more than the rest of the team combined. :eek:
3. Olivia is tied with Megan for the most made free throws at 11. Her free throw % is better than Megan at 78.6%.
4. Her 17 blocked shots are 15 more than the next player.
5. Liv is averaging a double-double with 12.3 points per game and 10.3 rebounds per game.
6. Olivia is playing 32 minutes per game vs 14 per game last season.

Liv is excelling at almost every phase of the game, both on offense and defense. Only a sophomore, she is improving game by game, right in front of our eyes. Thoughts..?

Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score

I'll go a step further and predict she'll on one of the 3 AA teams by the end of this year.

Reaction Score
Love to see these stats. I want her to be an AA by the time she graduates. Now if we can only have her stop taking 3s we’ll be all set
She's taken ONE in 4 games.

Reaction Score
Liv has improved alot on passing out of double and triple teams. Much more to improve of course but I like how she often dribbles backwards to relieve some of the pressure. Just another box to check off.

The key to beating those is to know who are going to pass to before you get surrounded. Watch Dangerfield when she sees a trap coming. She waits for them to close on her and passes it beofre they close the trap. Doubling on her should leave someone wide open on the perimeter. That all comes with time.

Reaction Score
one thing I really love about watching Olivia is that she almost never smiles. I think she is absolutely determined to shut up all the naysayers from last year. she's probably not ready for the better teams quite yet, but look out down the road. could she become the best big in UConn history? with added size and strength........?

Reaction Score
View attachment 48345

1. Liv's assist total of 14 is 2nd best on the team. That is 4 more than Crystal..!
2. ONO has 21 offensive rebounds. That is more than the rest of the team combined. :eek:
3. Olivia is tied with Megan for the most made free throws at 11. Her free throw % is better than Megan at 78.6%.
4. Her 17 blocked shots are 15 more than the next player.
5. Liv is averaging a double-double with 12.3 points per game and 10.3 rebounds per game.
6. Olivia is playing 32 minutes per game vs 14 per game last season.

Liv is excelling at almost every phase of the game, both on offense and defense. Only a sophomore, she is improving game by game, right in front of our eyes. Thoughts..?

Go Huskies..!!

Perhaps not fouling as much is her greatest achievement. Everything she does depends upon being on the court . . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom